East Leake and Rothley Railway. Formerly Dumbarton and Rothley Station.

iankemp

Hi all just a wee update for you.

I haven't forgotten my layout. I have just been busy with a few other things. I went to my new local model shop ...

Where abouts in Dumbarton is the model shop?

Where abouts in Dumbarton is the model shop?

I meant Glasgow is local to me now! lol! There is Bell Street and also modelzone in St Enoch centre!

But There is Argos that does model railway stuff now! There is an Argos on St James retail park!

I meant Glasgow is local to me now! lol! There is Bell Street and also modelzone in St Enoch centre!

But There is Argos that does model railway stuff now! There is an Argos on St James retail park!

Ah right, I recently visited the St Enoch centre for the first time in years and found Model Zone, reminded me of Beatties! Nice selection of paints, glues and accessories.

IT'S ALIVE, IT LIVES!!!!

Will post pics and a small video that was taken by using my HTC wildfire phone!

I have just wired it up to give it a test, the point motor works and lights work when the polarity is thrown!!

This is the first time i have done something like this and i am pleased with it!!

So excuse me if i sound very happy over it!! :locomotive: :declare: :locomotive: :declare: :locomotive:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I am parting with some rolling stock and also some point motors as i am swapping over to Seep pm1 points. The link to see the pics of the items for sale is:-

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/iankemp/Stuff%20i%20have%20for%20sale/

All items are boxed apart from the 2 triang coaches. I really do want these gone by end of the year now! I thought i may want them but alas i have no need for them at all! I want these to go to a good home on here to you fellow modellers!

Please ask for prices. ALL items will be sent wrapped up securely and also recorded delivery so P&P will be £3.50.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest of progress updates is as follows!

I have been wiring up another seep point to the berko signal 2 light. I think i am getting a thing for them! The next one i will be looking at will be the T junction lights. That should be interesting.

I have also been moving the boards so that no i will have the 2 stations will be along the longest walls that will fit in. I have started work on another board that will carry the line round to Dumbarton East station (i have put Loughborough on hold for now) due to wanting to get the boards in to place and also to try and extend the line. There is 2 problems that i will be over coming. Door to the ensuit bathroom (yup we up here are so posh! icon_biggrin.gif ) and the doors to the boiler in a cupboard. I have put a board in place for now so i can do somework on it by extending the embankment on it! I will be having to fit hinges on the boards so that they lift up and then put hinges on the legs so when the board is lifted the move out of the way and close in to the board. The Electrics will be an easy thing to remedy as i will be using 9 pin plugs and sockets unless i find that there will be more wires then there will be a few plugs going to be wired up! Each board will have these and they will be paired up so that there is no miss haps!

so for now that is all that has been happening!

• 4 weeks later...

Well work has picked up a bit on the layout now, I have now managed to get another 2 boards up and i have also layed track on the boards. The has also been work done on the Dumbarton East platform as the first bit has been made up and placed on the board. I have just got to place the wires through the boards and then soldered on the tracks so that i then they can be wired up to a plug.

Plastering work will also start sometime this week hopefully as well so that be more progress on the layout.

Oh and also there has been work done on the bridge part of it as well. I have made part one of the trussed bridge that crosses Glasgow road.

here are some pics that will show more of the progress! I have had to cut away some of the banking to fit the bit in that carries the railway round.

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

as you can see i have made some progress even though i have had the layout set up since begining of August 2011.

I have been working on the layout again even though it not been much it seems to have made the time go by quick for some reason.

here are some more pictures!!

IMAG0039.jpg

This bridge girder is scratch built. I have one more to make but i have got to order them in now.

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

I have cut the board for the bridge over the road. The platform and bridgesupports under it will be all in one piece then fixed in place. It should be strong enough when made up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have started building the platform that goes over the bridge on Glasgow Road.

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

I have constructed the bridge and also the track platform out of Plastruct and Evergreen

The platform that is attached to the bridge part is virtualy done now. I am having to now cut the board so that it fits it nicely. I have been working on the front of Dumbarton East station entrance. I will hopefully be starting the 2nd part to the entrance area to the steps sometime next week. I have been also been working on the layout itself by doing some of the plastering with modrock stuff and news paper. It has come on a treat. I will take some pictures of it soon as i get back to the layout, as i am spending a few days with the girlfriend whilst she is off work!

Work on the bridge is slowly coming to and end as it is nearly done. I am starting work on the entrance to the platform from grownd level.

Here are some pictures for you to look at!

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

• Like 2

canna be bothered editing the last post so i decided to post it here!

The bridge is now been placed in the space that has been made for it for the moment. It is just a tempory fixture so that i can get on with the othe bits that need to be done. I have done a bit more to the entrance portal. I will try and start and get the hallway started sometime soon. i have done the first part of the stairway. i have just got to do the halfway part and then the second part of the stairs to the platform. HOPEFULLY i then can start work on the long awaited signalbox that i have been trying to get pictures of. then rest of the modrock can be done. After watching someones layout on youtube called everard junction i have found a way to do that instead of using polystyrene and plaster. Newspaper and modrock! I should of done that before on the other part! Oh well we all learn!

• 2 weeks later...

Well today i have been doing some work on the electrics. Got the bus wire sorted and now i am sorting the wires to the track from the bus wire. Also i have been sorting the other wires out. I am making it so the wires are the same way round. At the moment i am on DC but am gonna be going DCC soon!