Scotrail Inter7city Power Cars

JohnC

• RMweb Premium

Confused  by  TS-D , TS and TSL, but does it matter or have they all got the same bodyshell anyway?   As has been pointed out I don’t think these diagrams are correct.  Anyway having a day trip to Edinburgh tomorrow. Hopefully there will be a refurb set at Waverley I can inspect 

Edited by Legend

• RMweb Premium

TS-D is Trailer Standard - Disabled,

TS is Trailer Standard,

TSL is Trailer Standard Lavatory

I believe the disabled may different in that the doors are wider. Not 100% sure on that though. 

Edited by Hilux5972
Added
  • Informative/Useful 1

I believe the 3 standard coaches are the same apart from the TS-D having window blocked for disabled access toilet on one side,  I was on a set recently and it was much better than using a class 170 on the longer journeys. Currently there are no 5 car sets in operation as there is a shortage of refurbished coaches at the moment it will most likely be next year before we see any of these as recent press reports now suggest next May for full HST service. Even now those services using HST are often subject to short notice change back to a 3 car class 170. 

I have updated the main topic on the Mk3SD with current formations. 

Scotrail/GE(Wabtec) first buffet was called the 'TFC' - Trailer First Catering but now TGFB has been adopted (Trailer Guard (space) First Buffet). It is converted from a TF, retaining the Grammar fist class seating. Hornby showed the 3D print of a TGS converted into a TGFB which is different to the actual TFC/TGFB in service! Hornby's EP samples looked spot on so they have corrected the error! 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 07/09/2019 at 15:33, magic_monkey09 said:

The dark lenses are easily corrected by adding a small bit of white pair around the outside then reassemble. 

B84A364A-42BE-40AA-9748-800904F55655.jpeg

I tried this and failed miserably! Do you paint the lens or the aperture? And what paint did you use?