Hornby Class 50 handrails & louvers help!

dugdug03

Good evening all, I don’t suppose by any small chance anyone has some spare hand rails I could pinch? I have brought a 50040 from Hattons (2nd hand) and one is missing (please see pictures)

i am am also after some louvers for dark revised NSE (50002 and 50045) and Dutch 50015 valiant if anyone can help?

292D0804-D4FA-4A7C-9E91-680F86AED84B.jpeg

I would get some wire the right gauge, or even a small staple might match, and bend, trim and paint it - done that before on a Heljan DP2 with a missing handrail.

What's happened to the louvres?

I've seen 'aftermarket replacement louvres' for the Class 50 in the past.

Al.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

I would get some wire the right gauge, or even a small staple might match, and bend, trim and paint it - done that before on a Heljan DP2 with a missing handrail.

Al.

There’s 2 sets of Louvres available on eBay now. 

493DFE41-3ED7-4099-A19F-99C1282CD6A9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hilux5972 said:

There’s 2 sets of Louvres available on eBay now. 

493DFE41-3ED7-4099-A19F-99C1282CD6A9.jpeg

50 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I got some NSE Louvre from Peters Spares

Thanks for the reply guys but unfortunately that’s the light NSE louvers, I need the darker NSE (revised) variant. I do have two spares of those but the colour match is way off

• RMweb Gold

For the handrail, take a look at Nairnshire Modelling Supplies (no association. - only customer) they sell nickel silver wire rod and brass rod.

Easily formed into shape and fixed with superglue, I have used the 0.45mm size in place of a missing end handrail on a Hornby Maunsell Van B.

Your diesel's handrail may be slightly thicker in which case a larger size may be necessary; however, a coat of white paint could very well give the rod the illusion of being fatter!

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Al.

Ref the handrails thats actually a really good idea, if I have no luck on here I’ll try to do that although my DIY or crafting skills are awful!

Ref the louvers I have a 50015 body and 50045 body both with no louvers (50045 broke apon removing the body  and unsure why 50015 had none)

4 minutes ago, Right Away said:

For the handrail, take a look at Nairnshire Modelling Supplies (no association. - only customer) they sell nickel silver wire rod and brass rod.

Easily formed into shape and fixed with superglue, I have used the 0.45mm size in place of a missing end handrail on a Hornby Maunsell Van B.

Your diesel's handrail may be slightly thicker in which case a larger size may be necessary; however, a coat of white paint could very well give the rod the illusion of being fatter!

Thank you very much for the help and tips. Definitely something to consider.