RMweb

Desk lamp recommendations , please

As per title, I am looking for a new desk lamp for my workbench after my existing lamp melted its cord and gave me an electric shock. Something nice and bright and that uses LEDs would be preferable as I don't want the heat from an ordinary bulb in my shed.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Ruston

• RMweb Premium

The Craftlight Company does a wide range of LED lamps suited for crafting and, indeed, railway modelling.  They attend quite a lot of shows, including some railway ones.

https://www.craftlights.co.uk/

I've got the Manhatten, a floor standing lamp but widely adjustable.  If you're lucky you should be able to get your lamps at a discounted price through one of the many magazine offers shown on the website.

DT

• Thanks 2

I have something a lot like the desk mounted angle poise used as the picture for the work lamp section on the link above. It has fluorescent strips because that is what I think my layout is likely to be lit with (fluorescent tubes, not angle poise lamps) one day and I wanted to have the same kind of light. I find the long thin shape works well for me, easy to position the light and is less restrictive than a circular/disc shape. 

Thank you for the link above: The cupcake carriers look like a great idea for my wife.

If Ikea is convenient for you then have a look at the Forsa adjustable table lamp? I have one as a replacement to an Ikea halogen predecessor and been very pleased with it.  It wasn't expensive either. I have fitted a 6W/470 lumen LED bulb which gives a lot of light and no heat.

Foxy 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Torper said:

The Craftlight Company does a wide range of LED lamps suited for crafting and, indeed, railway modelling.  They attend quite a lot of shows, including some railway ones.

https://www.craftlights.co.uk/

I've got the Manhatten, a floor standing lamp but widely adjustable.  If you're lucky you should be able to get your lamps at a discounted price through one of the many magazine offers shown on the website.

DT

I have the Rails Express offer lamp and really like it