Micro Single Point layout

• RMweb Gold

As you all know I like to build small micro layouts and diorama. This build will be a small micro in OO gauge and will  incorporate a single point which will lead to two small sidings. 

The baseboard has already been built using plywood and dressed pine. Baseboard size measures 18” x 8”. 

Tomorrow I will upload a picture of the baseboard.

Looking good so far, will be interesting to see how it develops further. I've constructed one or two shunting layouts in my time, but never one with only a single point (minimum for me has been three), but still, this would tend to go along with my motto/belief, that even simple layouts can be fun/interesting, can be up and running in a reasonable timescale, and are also a bit more "maintenance friendly", ie the less wiring/track there is, there can be less things to go wrong/put right!!:D

I like what you have done here.

Something you might like to consider if you are doing the paper towel & PVA again, is to add poster paint or similar to it when mixing up. That way it comes out ready coloured. It saves time painting and if it gets knocked, it doesn’t show white.

steve

• Like 2