3D printed Hudswells

Very impressed with this new technology. What is the chassis?

Given this quality would there be a demand for an accurate representation on a simple etched chassis kit?

For more inspiration search Google images for "Fryston #2 locomotive".

It's the Electrotrain chassis I believe which works fine - but has deep flanges which do not like 'scale' track.  I tried mine on Ruston's 'Calder Vale' layout and it wasn't happy.  However, I'm sure that on a  layout built with Code 100 rail it would be fine or alternatively, a simple brass or NS chassis wouldn't be to difficult to create as the bodies certainly look interesting.

Hello all,

Thanks for the kind comments. The chassis is indeed the Electrotren/Jouef chassis.

For those who are interested we are offering these as complete body kits here:

https://hardyshobbies.co.uk/product-category/locomotive-body-kits/

However it wasn't my intention to plug these, more to show off some actual modelling for a change. I'm not a painted or weathering expert by any means but I was pleased with these.

For those who are put off by the fact these are semi-freelance ( I used the term as they are based on true designs but the compromise with the chassis means they are more generic than true to scale...) there are some further designs coming which are prototypical...

Thanks again for the kind comments. I will post some more photos of the next model shortly.

Andy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2