Alterstone Shed n gauge MPD

Alterstone_ngauge

47 minutes ago, millerhillboy said:

lovely, looks like you've got the ground cover just right to my eye, right colours and textures even with the bits of coal scattered about.

Thanks! Worked quite hard to get it right. It’s something you don’t often see in n gauge in my opinion. It’s going to feature quite a lot in the scenic area! 282F742D-9F36-414F-BD93-682EBC9B53D3.jpeg.23b6b8a978133772221d2530463764d7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just completed this sound conversion for massive stay alive and sound. I have since painted the wires black.

I hate tinny sounds and stalling n gauge locos so I decided the permanently coupled wagons made for a cool compromise. 

The 08 had just been sitting in a box for 5 years stuck in a DC only state anyway....

goes on my layout nicely

0DF98753-9559-4D76-B7B6-F02EF609BA4C.jpeg

551103A1-D26B-4422-9B98-268DA50AB25C.jpeg

62644132-3642-4BAE-9E5A-11730B72AD0A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

Just found this, some excellent atmosphere, shed yard is a bit tidy yet for a transition period shed. Needs weeds on the lesser used sidings. I like the empty, or near empty shed...so many were like that near the end.

As an aside, can I ask about the Ivatt 2MT's? Are they Minitrix?

If so, do you have /have you ever had problems with them derailing on facing points?

I'm sad to say that one of those was what ended my "N" Gauge dreams...albeit thirty years ago, when there were very few "N" locos to be had.

Editted to say: your shed would be an easy bunk, I'd have loved to have gone there...

Edited by JeffP
To add an additional.
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks. It’s going to be good when I bring it all together with the airbrush. Very in your face at the moment, and with no details added 

7 hours ago, millerhillboy said:

great looking shed area, once that comes together it'll look great with some nice big locos lying in there

the 2mts are both Farish in my collection and they run perfectly to be honest with no detailing ! 

7 hours ago, JeffP said:

Just found this, some excellent atmosphere, shed yard is a bit tidy yet for a transition period shed. Needs weeds on the lesser used sidings. I like the empty, or near empty shed...so many were like that near the end.

As an aside, can I ask about the Ivatt 2MT's? Are they Minitrix?

If so, do you have /have you ever had problems with them derailing on facing points?

I'm sad to say that one of those was what ended my "N" Gauge dreams...albeit thirty years ago, when there were very few "N" locos to be had.

Editted to say: your shed would be an easy bunk, I'd have loved to have gone there...

On 26/12/2019 at 12:23, Duncan. said:

Hi

Can you draw a circuit diagram with component values showing where the circuit fits  between pick up and motor for the stay alive part of the modification.

Cheers

Duncan  

I can’t but if it helps you just connect a zimo SACC16 pcb to the mx648 via the common positive and ground on the decoder. Then you connect the capacitors to that board. It’s in the instructions of the decoder and mx648. Hope that helps.

Dan

On 26/12/2019 at 12:23, Duncan. said:

Hi

Can you draw a circuit diagram with component values showing where the circuit fits  between pick up and motor for the stay alive part of the modification.

Cheers

Duncan  

by the way, you need to replace the motor in order to create space for the capacitors.

tramfabriek is the Brand. It’s a much better motor and much smaller