Alterstone Shed n gauge MPD

Alterstone_ngauge

Hi,

Great Work, one of the most realistic looking N scale steam sheds I've seen. You have captured the run down dirty look of the shed and the locos is well an excellent model, again showing N scale to it's best. However, (sorry) can I make a request... probably because it looks so well it makes the 'bases' of the loco yard lamps really stand out... is it possible to bury them into the ground a little?

Cheers

Duncan

• Agree 1

More great work. One reason I hesitated over a shed layout is that I wasn't confident that smaller steam locos would handle a lot of slow running over pointwork. Perhaps that explains your enthusiasm for stay-alives.

Edited by dpgibbons

3 hours ago, Duncan. said:

Hi,

Great Work, one of the most realistic looking N scale steam sheds I've seen. You have captured the run down dirty look of the shed and the locos is well an excellent model, again showing N scale to it's best. However, (sorry) can I make a request... probably because it looks so well it makes the 'bases' of the loco yard lamps really stand out... is it possible to bury them into the ground a little?

Cheers

Duncan

Thank you !

of course! In fact, I really don’t like the yard lamps. They look really out of place and they are not realistic. I’m going to scratch build my own and install them instead. I need about 20 for the whole layout so I couldn’t face installing 20 of ones a basically hate. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, millerhillboy said:

superb, very atmospheric and as you say worth it in the end.

28 carriages!! that would cost you a pretty penny at todays prices, the blue riband mk1s which I much prefer must be made of solid gold these days!!

I know it’s insane the cost. Lots of these I would have picked up for less though as I’ve had some almost 6 years. 

At least the method of lighting them I have I have chosen is very cheap.

35 minutes ago, Alterstone_ngauge said:

I know it’s insane the cost. Lots of these I would have picked up for less though as I’ve had some almost 6 years. 

At least the method of lighting them I have I have chosen is very cheap.

I really must count my pile of gold then, lets see - there are the Mk1s Cream/Crimson, the MK1s Crimson, the Mk1s blue, the MK2 set, the Staniers and some Bulleids and Hawksworths.  I still regret selling my Dapol Gresleys but they had no use on my last layout and I still own an eclectic mix of Crimson Colletts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...