Clerestory coaches

phil gollin

2 minutes ago, Flying Pig said:

Quite true and unsurprisingly not easy to represent using rtr stock only, the only rtr period III compo  as far as I know being the old Airfix model, which shows its age badly and tbh always had its issues. Hence the advent of Comet sides to stick on them, which I guess is still an option.

For completeness I went looking for LNWR elliptical roof stock and there appear to be kits in the 51L range.

Comet never did that diagram though. They did the D1985 BTL and D1986 CL which are the 1926 versions.

Comet were designed to add variety to models already available so anything like the Mainline and Airfix models were ignored as they were good enough at the time.

Jason

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Comet never did that diagram though. They did the D1985 BTL and D1986 CL which are the 1926 versions.

Comet were designed to add variety to models already available so anything like the Mainline and Airfix models were ignored as they were good enough at the time.

Jason

I don't like to quibble but the old Comet site lists D1925/69 which was a 1935 design, as well as post war variants, though I haven't checked current availability from Wizard.  Which reminds me that the Bachmann porthole composite is of course an option for @Aire Head too (duh moment there).

• Agree 1

@Flying Pig I've got a few of the Dapol Staniers along with the Mainline P1s and even a replica TO which I will be using to get a couple of rakes out of once I've detailed them up.

I've just decided to not mix them in with the more modern Hornby Staniers and the Bachmann Portholes as I suspect my skill may not quite be there to make them work together.

Yet :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 2