Can We Expect Production Delays Beyond the Norm from China??

robmcg

Can We Expect Production Delays Beyond the Norm from China??

Yes.

9 minutes ago, robmcg said:

Chinese New Year is always bad for production but does anyone have an idea of how extended quarantine and so on might affect Hornby new models?

I, personally, have no idea. But I suspect that the production of toy trains* is fairly low on the list of priorities.

* accepting that such is an important factor in the local economy, and a reflection of industrial normalisation in general

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

I have to agree with Truffy and in addition I would suggest that any attempt at an answer with the minimal information we have about the virus is nothing more that pure speculation of the worst kind.

Not to mention, given that lives are being lost, the whole issue of delays to toy trains is in distinctly poor taste. 

• Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Not to mention, given that lives are being lost, the whole issue of delays to toy trains is in distinctly poor taste. 

I disagree, the economy of China is what is in question, as well as how it might affect we consumers,  but I agree we have little information.

edit, the question was whether the sad events in China and now elsewhere will have an effect on Hornby's sales and viability not to mention the livelihoods of millions  I phrased it poorly.

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

3 minutes ago, robmcg said:

I disagree, the economy of China is what is in question, as well as how it might affect we consumers,  but I agree we have little information.

IMO, you are both correct. They are only toy trains, and the loss of life is far more important. But, while they're only toy trains, people earn their living, and put food on the table, by making them. So, on the one hand they're trivial, while on the other they're not.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• AY Mod locked this topic