Looking for a HO/OO sleeping dog - 3D printed?

On 29/02/2020 at 14:09, 55020 said:

There's a free STL file on Thingiverse that might be of use.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:441027

Although you don't mention if you have access to a 3D printer?

Steve

On 29/02/2020 at 14:54, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Hello Steve

This looks absolutely PERFECT!!!

I don't have a 3D printer but a friend has

Many thanks

Paul

I model in 1/87 and I must admit that in my stupidity I assumed this was OO/HO and as such I asked my mate to print it - it's arrived today and it's about 1/10 scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

I model in 1/87 and I must admit that in my stupidity I assumed this was OO/HO and as such I asked my mate to print it - it's arrived today and it's about 1/10 scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh, that's a shame that it didn't work out.  However it's very easy to resize an stl file.  If you let me know how long you'd like the model to be I can do that for you and send you the revised file.

Does your friend have a resin (SLA) printer, as this type of printer will give you the smoothest surface with great definition?

Steve

1 hour ago, 55020 said:

Ahh, that's a shame that it didn't work out.  However it's very easy to resize an stl file.  If you let me know how long you'd like the model to be I can do that for you and send you the revised file.

Does your friend have a resin (SLA) printer, as this type of printer will give you the smoothest surface with great definition?

Steve

Hello Steve

Yes, it was a classic case of misunderstanding  - the finished print is the size of a paperweight.

Thanks for your offer to re-size the file

I will confirm the size and get back to you

• RMweb Premium

See how it goes, I did have a look at that file in Cura at 10mm and it looks like it will be pretty blob like. Let me know if you change your mind.