The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Hammer Time...

billy_anorak59

Sorry, can't find a suitable topic to post this in.

For those of a certain age, I thought that it might be of interest that the cover subject of the Tri-ang-Hornby Edition 17 catalogue from 1971 sold for 65K - 2 days ago in a Fine Arts Auction in Essex...

https://www.sworder.co.uk/auction/lot/512-Terence-Cuneo-1907-1996/?lot=361911&so=0&st=cuneo&sto=0&au=876&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=2&mc=17&pp=25&pn=1&g=-1

We all know where the mouse is, don't we?

Edited by billy_anorak59
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I thought I saw the original in the Fawley Museum of Sir William MacAlpine a few years back.  Has anyone been there recently?  Do we know if it's still there?

I remember at the time thinking 'I've got that print' and a few minutes later realising I was looking at the original oil painting :blush:

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, billy_anorak59 said:

For those of a certain age, I thought that it might be of interest that the cover subject of the Tri-ang-Hornby Edition 17 catalogue from 1971 sold for 65K - 2 days ago in a Fine Arts Auction in Essex...

https://www.sworder.co.uk/auction/lot/512-Terence-Cuneo-1907-1996/?lot=361911&so=0&st=cuneo&sto=0&au=876&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=2&mc=17&pp=25&pn=1&g=-1

Bottom right hand cross tree of the telegraph pole pretending to be an insulator.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Alex TM said:

Sorry, but when I saw the title of this thread I thought we were going to be treated to some dodgy music, and even dodgier clothes courtesy of MC Hammer ...... 

STOP!

Andi

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Alex TM said:

Sorry, but when I saw the title of this thread I thought we were going to be treated to some dodgy music, and even dodgier clothes courtesy of MC Hammer ...... 

Must be a sign of age, I thought it was reflections about some low budget horror flicks.

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, billy_anorak59 said:

Rather more than that when you add in the "extras" and a lot more than any other work of his that I have seen a figure for.

Prints are still available for £52.

I do wonder what it will fetch in 100 years time.

Bernard

• RMweb Gold

A late friend was clearing his office upon retirement and someone said 'aren't you taking your painting?', 'No,' he replied, 'it belongs to ICI'.

It was only later that he regretted it. Not the most scenic Cuneo, but.

(yes, I have found the mouse)

dc54408a34a28c168fc32174ee6830ad.jpg