Overseas Posting - Issues?

polybear

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Whilst I have sent overseas before, I'm always a little wary of it.

I've listed an item that is UK only - I've had a message asking if I'll send to Spain.  Are there any risks with this, assuming I'm posting Royal Mail Signed for?  And if the buyer decides there's an issue and claims his money back - I'll be liable for the increased postage getting it home again?  Start price is forty quid...

Thanks

Brian

• RMweb Premium

I have sent stuff to Spain before - but nothing of high value.

You can easily find out international shipping using the Royal Mail price finder pages.

The other option is to enrol on the Ebay Global Shipping program for protection.

All you do is post it to a centralised Ebay UK address for the cost of UK postage - which is what you will put on your item listing.

Ebay does the rest (and creams off a percentage of the international postage - that is passed onto the customer)

From a buyer point of view - all they see is the combined international postage and any tax/import duty if required.

As a buyer, even though it may seem expensive - it can be quite convenient to know that you won't pay anymore on top of the initial fee - such as Parcelforce's £10 handling charge for incoming duty collection.

As a seller - you have piece of mind that ebay takes the hit if the buyer claims non-delivery and it does readily open up sales to international markets,

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks for the replies - however this morning I ended all my listings as "no longer available", cos':

1.  I want to minimise going out, and

2.  Finding a Post Office that's open could be a problem....

Cheers,

Brian

• Friendly/supportive 2