Middleton Top and the C&HPR

JustinDean

• RMweb Gold

They’ll be no interior stone work - my sanity wouldn’t cope with that haha!
 I did consider making some of the beam engine but as Rob @MrWolf points out the inside will be plunged into darkness so a bit pointless. Also it wasn’t operated after dark so no reason to add interior lights either. 

Still a long way to go on this but it’s been an enjoyable project so far. Here’s a photo of the rear of the building showing the random walls and bits added on that I’m now adding on.  

Jay

D35DE08B-5EC2-410D-9BB1-69B83D7EC3F6.jpeg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

They’ll be more enginehouse progress to report at the end of this weekend. Meanwhile I spent a little time preparing the engine shed floor and pit. It’s a foam board base which the shed snugly fits onto. This will get some DAS treatment next. 

Jay

D213DA54-6FF4-4EC5-9204-A4DD362D4BD3.jpeg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jay, 

Chris and Mark who you may remember from SWAG with Polsarrett are there demoing. 

Also Rod, John and Tim are there ( they were on Parkend Sidings at SWAG)   as is Brinkers ( Nick) . Again, all are demoing various things. 

I did think about going but with a show the weekend after, I've decided to give it a miss. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi Jay, 

Chris and Mark who you may remember from SWAG with Polsarrett are there demoing. 

Also Rod, John and Tim are there ( they were on Parkend Sidings at SWAG)   as is Brinkers ( Nick) . Again, all are demoing various things. 

I did think about going but with a show the weekend after, I've decided to give it a miss. 

Rob. 

Thanks for the heads up Rob! Also shame you’re not there - would be good to catch up properly mate. 

Jay

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jay, 

Yes, I was asked if I was popping up and I gave it much thought.......but..........

Common sense came into play....

October is busy, with three weekends occupied with playing with trainsets at various locations.....so something had to give...

However, I agree, it would be good to catch up. 

Don't forget I'll be announcing the SWAG '23 stuff in a couple of weeks..be good to see you there, if not before. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi Jay, 

Yes, I was asked if I was popping up and I gave it much thought.......but..........

Common sense came into play....

October is busy, with three weekends occupied with playing with trainsets at various locations.....so something had to give...

However, I agree, it would be good to catch up. 

Don't forget I'll be announcing the SWAG '23 stuff in a couple of weeks..be good to see you there, if not before. 

Rob. 

I’ll be at SWAG 23 I’m sure!

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

It’s been a weekend packed with model railways. Yesterday I went to Scaleforum with highlights being Faringdon and @Middlepeak’s Obbekaer along with catching up with Geraint. This morning was the O gauge gathering at Highley shed on the SVR. Apart from spending most of the time distracting Dan Everson from figure painting I also managed to get a good look at Dapol’s preproduction model of the J94. When they announced its release earlier in the year, along with the inclusion of 68012, I kind of ‘had to’ order one. Despite this being the high bunker version I must  say it’s looking pretty good. Painted versions will appear at Warley in November and the full release is scheduled for the middle of next year. Plenty of time for me to plan for a layout…

Jay

67A6B175-464A-413B-B885-1BF192551DB1.jpeg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Speaking as a Bob, that looks pretty 'on', Jay. 

Top drawer, as always. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Still a long way to go on this. Doors and windows need weathering. Boiler doors and the platform in front of them also need to be made. Plonked on the layout today just to check the layout of the buildings etc all sit together right. 

Jay

5D48554A-1C85-4CEB-AB4F-86D9EA394481.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...