Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

One Square

mozzer models

post-6939-0-99681300-1331442357.jpg

The dancer has vanished... But The Windmill was the giveaway

But in her place are some power lines...

post-6939-0-70740600-1331442757.jpg

(I just now accidently discovered that Diss featured on Posts 1146 to 1148 :) ...)

Edited by Bill

Guest Belgian

I've missed you guys . . this is just north of Morpeth and district, at West Chevington.

This won't last long . . .

Guest Belgian

Why is it that when I post to a topic it seems to kill it stone dead? My 'clue' saying 'this won't last long' wasn't a clue as such: as far as I am aware there's no plan to close this line - I simply thought it would be so easy to find!

A proper clue, or, rather, a tip. Curiously, it's never had a passenger service and its actual name doesn't appear on OS maps (except the really huge-scale ones). However, 37601 has taken passengers to it. There's a location with a really silly name nearby.

Edited by Belgian

A lighthouse? No lighthouses here only pylons...

Just in case you thought I'd gone completely mad with my suggestion, may I make the excuse that the white box half-way up the OHLE mast in middle shot looked, to me at least, like a lighthouse in the middle distance?

No idea with the latest square either, I'm afraid...

Edited by Steve K

Guest Belgian

Just in case you thought I'd gone completely mad with my suggestion, may I make the excuse that the white box half-way up the OHLE mast in middle shot looked, to me at least, like a lighthouse in the middle distance?

No idea with the latest square either, I'm afraid...

I was so excited to see an update to the thread \and thought someone had got it! Never mind, follow my TIP.

According to Google Earth - the above quarry railhead is deceased...the trackbed now devoid of rails and sleepers

It would seem that the OS people have yet to revise the map.

Here below is an alternative should bare trackbed be against the rule...

post-6939-0-44865500-1332459026.jpg

Edited by Bill