The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

One Square

mozzer models

Indeed - very local knowledge. If you look at my Forgotten Railways thread, there are a fair few pictures taken in that square!

Here we are, with the proof:

post-6742-0-17489700-1347313829.gifpost-6742-0-25504800-1347313842.gif

post-6742-0-85297800-1347313853.gifpost-6742-0-09775100-1347313872.gif

And on the subject of accidents (not that I'm suggesting such a gruesome theme), now for one of my own:

post-6742-0-14506400-1347314482.gif

If you'd stood here in November 1944, you'd have likely as not been deafened and possibly hit by pieces of flying cow.

Edited by Steve K

• RMweb Gold

Sutton Coldfield:

suttoncoldfield.png

Formerly (?) the home of "Don's Miniature New Street" and associated model of Rugeley A Power Station - with 9 cooling towers!

The next square contains not only a standard gauge line, but also two miniature railways and a former show venue! But where is it?

nextsquare.png

Arrgh - noticed Steve posted his answer while I've been getting squares together! What happens now?

Sorry "RJS" - Steve did beat you to it.

I normally claim a win by just posting the name of the place first, then editing to include the "proof" and new square afterwards. That way you lessen the chance of being beaten to it.

Keep your square for next time you win...! ;)

Sorry for the brief delay between posts - I recognised the other square, but took a few minutes to get one of my own sorted, as I had nothing prepared.

It left give me with the surreal situation where Martin appeared to confidently identify my square as Reading, though (it isn't!).

Radstock:

Radstock.png

Wasn't there a preservation society there at one time? Is that still on the go?

Now, where's this? (The trackbed - indeed, briefly the site of a "loco shed" - is pretty much where the "24" is, in case you're wondering!)

Newpic16092012b.png

Edited by RJS1977

I'll let you have it - the location's correct (Monkton Combe, just north/west of Midford), but it's not on the S & D, it's on the Camerton - Limpley Stoke branch. The "loco shed" to which I referred was the shed erected by the villagers in "The Titfield Thunderbolt", which was shot on the line. The sites of "Titfield" station and "Beale's Farm" are also shown in that square.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Belgian

As large industry in Britain is not as common as it was, I trust this square won't take you too long.

post-7483-0-41217600-1348614330.png

Ledsham, just north of Chester

post-46-0-75314900-1349378492.png

another coming when I've finished my supper . . .

Guest Belgian

I filmed here a week ago

post-46-0-59471500-1349379030.png

Not that that will help you all much!

There's a well-known railway feature here which is somewhat obscured by the green dots . . .

Edited by Belgian