Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

It's amazing the little details you bring up and remember, great stuff. I seem to remember now you've jogged my memory a few vans on the western had the destination chalked just about anywhere in the general vicinity of the boards !

Vans look great , as do the new cement PCAs btw Pete .

Cheers,

Stu.

Thanks Stu,

I have a few chalk marks on the bodysides  plus on the windows as I remember seeing that too.

Cheers Peter.

Layout's looking really good Peter.

Hi Neil,

Nice to see you back on on here, Are you getting back into working on the layout again?

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

I've got to say, your layout is superb. The attention to detail is astounding. In particular, that last shot, my eyes were immediately drawn to the lovely lines of point rodding...............

post-14906-0-05049100-1404032502.jpg

details like that just make the whole thing awesome!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Hi Neil,

Nice to see you back on on here, Are you getting back into working on the layout again?

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, yes mate.  Doing a fair bit at the moment; struggling with digital control of German signals at the moment!  I'm bringing my blog over here gradually so you can see what I've been doing.

I was trying to see what you did with that new bit at the back of your layout but am working my way through still. Plenty to catch up on. Looking really good though mate.

Cheers

Neil

Edited by Neil_S_Wood

Hi Peter,

I've got to say, your layout is superb. The attention to detail is astounding. In particular, that last shot, my eyes were immediately drawn to the lovely lines of point rodding...............

attachicon.gifLam 01.jpg

details like that just make the whole thing awesome!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Mate,

I has taken me far too long to get it to this point but I am pretty happy with it. My next layout with have hand built points and finescale track but other than that I wouldn't change that much.

I have taken a pic of my Mk2F ex FO now SO. that we were talking about on your thread the other day.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-55900900-1404123639_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Yes the details make this layout IMO. Always a joy to look at.

Thanks Cav,

Means a lot coming from a great modeller like yourself. Still plenty to do though, I need to get the building sorted and stop working on the stock.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter, yes mate.  Doing a fair bit at the moment; struggling with digital control of German signals at the moment!  I'm bringing my blog over here gradually so you can see what I've been doing.

I was trying to see what you did with that new bit at the back of your layout but am working my way through still. Plenty to catch up on. Looking really good though mate.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil, 

Thats good news, I will check out your blog. The new bit hasn't changed much, as I said to Cav I need to get on with some buildings but ballasting the new bit is on my to do list for this year.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Another pic from playing trains yesterday. 

A 108 leaves platform 1 on a local service for Crewe, 25109 is ticking over in the holding sidings waiting for the DMU to clear so it can shunt onto the stock in platform 2. A shortage of class 08 for ECS moves means the rat is on station pilot duties for the day.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-20090900-1404124652_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-18916000-1404124688_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Thanks Mate,

I has taken me far too long to get it to this point but I am pretty happy with it. My next layout with have hand built points and finescale track but other than that I wouldn't change that much.

I have taken a pic of my Mk2F ex FO now SO. that we were talking about on your thread the other day.

Cheers Peter.

That's looking awesome Pete. Did you use #5 Kadees on this to get the close coupling?  Only reason I ask is I have a few Airfix coaches and was going to go down the Keen Systems route for these. Most likely I'll leave the TSO untouched though as those are rare, and replace it with a more modern Hornby one. If successful I'll buy a couple more, plus a short rake of the Bachmanns when they appear.

Edited by The Evil Bus Driver

That's looking awesome Pete. Did you use #5 Kadees on this to get the close coupling? Only reason I ask is I have a few Airfix coaches and was going to go down the Keen Systems route for these. Most likely I'll leave the TSO untouched though as those are rare, and replace it with a more modern Hornby one. If successful I'll buy a couple more, plus a short rake of the Bachmanns when they appear.

Hi, I've used Kadee No5's on the Airfix Mk2d's. A very easy fit, I think you'll find the description on page 8 of my layout thread that's in my signature below.

Thanks for the picture Peter, I'm just awaiting the 'white line' transfers from Fox, and then I'll convert one. The down side is that the finish is not that good on the Airfix ones, so I might end up repainting all 5 of them!!!!!!! :-(

Jinty ;-)

Hi Neil, 

Thats good news, I will check out your blog. The new bit hasn't changed much, as I said to Cav I need to get on with some buildings but ballasting the new bit is on my to do list for this year.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

what sort of buildings were you after?  I've got a few boxed up from the old layout.  Yeah I still have ballasting to do as well but it always keeps making its way to the bottom of my list. :angel:

Cheers

Neil

That's looking awesome Pete. Did you use #5 Kadees on this to get the close coupling?  Only reason I ask is I have a few Airfix coaches and was going to go down the Keen Systems route for these. Most likely I'll leave the TSO untouched though as those are rare, and replace it with a more modern Hornby one. If successful I'll buy a couple more, plus a short rake of the Bachmanns when they appear.

I have used No5s on my coaches too. Fitted to the bogies, my friend fits his to the chassis but I don't have any problems with mine.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

what sort of buildings were you after?  I've got a few boxed up from the old layout.  Yeah I still have ballasting to do as well but it always keeps making its way to the bottom of my list. :angel:

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil,

Low relief shop for the end of the houses by the road bridge. A low relief pub for the other corner and another pub or workshop for the other end of the houses at the bottom of the hill. I will take a pic of the layout to give you a better idea.

I do have a Scalescenes two storey corner shop somewhere which should be ok but I will be interested to see what you have.

I don't mind ballasting, it's just that other things get preference.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Good to see Neil back on line, aye.  

And as always more great pics from Llanbourne.  For those unable to see it for themselves I can vouch for it being every bit as good in the flesh including the point rodding.  There's even some single bricks fallen from (or knocked off) a wall somewhere as well - magnificent modelling and attention to detail.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good to see Neil back on line, aye.  

And as always more great pics from Llanbourne.  For those unable to see it for themselves I can vouch for it being every bit as good in the flesh including the point rodding.  There's even some single bricks fallen from (or knocked off) a wall somewhere as well - magnificent modelling and attention to detail.

I'll second that. Pete, how about some photos of the brick wall?

When I first visited Llanbourne, my first thought, unprompted, was "that looks rather like Llandudno".

• Like 1

Hi Neil,

Low relief shop for the end of the houses by the road bridge. A low relief pub for the other corner and another pub or workshop for the other end of the houses at the bottom of the hill. I will take a pic of the layout to give you a better idea.

I do have a Scalescenes two storey corner shop somewhere which should be ok but I will be interested to see what you have.

I don't mind ballasting, it's just that other things get preference.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

I'll have a bit of a look and see what I have. Most of it is stuff from the old layout so Scottish style cottages, there was a couple of Townstreet buildings, some shops. There was a few scratch built buildings including a pub. I think Jeff said he had a meeting in August so you're welcome to have a look if you're up this way.

Great pictures as always.

Hi Rick, nice to see you too, hope all's well.

Cheers

Neil

Edited by Neil_S_Wood

• RMweb Premium

No so bad thanks Neil though still on a bit of a roller-coaster at times.  Long service leave beckons so I'm off to the Old Country in a few weeks' time and more or less until the end of the year.  Penhayle Bay will be mothballed for the duration but will be back in action for the summer holiday period.

• Like 1

No so bad thanks Neil though still on a bit of a roller-coaster at times.  Long service leave beckons so I'm off to the Old Country in a few weeks' time and more or less until the end of the year.  Penhayle Bay will be mothballed for the duration but will be back in action for the summer holiday period.

Have a good trip Rick and we'll catch up at some point.

Cheers

Neil