RMweb

Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Picture second from the top that redundant sleeper needs moving 2mm to the left ;)

More great shots Peter. I was never a great Whistler fan (either his artwork or his locomotives) but can always appreciate good workmanship with the camera and the modelling skills.

Thanks Mate, Did you sort out the short on your layout?

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

I took the controller apart after emailing the manufacturer as the problem failed to clear with all the outputs disconnected meaning it was internal to the box. There was no short. Looks like one of the four transformers has managed to burn out and it has to be the one which also feeds the CDU. The other three are fine. So I've rejigged the wiring so that the three good outlets power the three most-used electrical circuits on the layout and the fourth has been rewired through an older controller which was only being used for lighting. The points have also been wired back through this controller which means they no longer have a CDU in the circuit at least for now. As that means the lighting and points are on the same output the lights will flicker any time a point is thrown which is far from ideal. The working method until such time as I arrange something more permanent is therefore lights off by day and points are powered or at night the lights go on and the points are hand-worked.

Gen is the old girl is booked on a ballast tomorrow.

Damn, I'll be over at East Lancs with 40135 tomorrow... oh well another photo opportunity missed! Hopefully someone will get a pic and post here :mosking:

Cheers

Lee

Obviously with the cooler weather transmission has recommenced, hey Pete......

you are probably finding that modelling goes in fits and starts.... I am in the fit stage at the moment. I will be doing more next weekend at Sandown exhibition, What day are you on Pete?

I am on Saturday so I may car pool with SRman. I will have to figure out what I am doing at there at some time... may be a NER Coach orplay with the interiors and glazing?

I took the controller apart after emailing the manufacturer as the problem failed to clear with all the outputs disconnected meaning it was internal to the box. There was no short. Looks like one of the four transformers has managed to burn out and it has to be the one which also feeds the CDU. The other three are fine. So I've rejigged the wiring so that the three good outlets power the three most-used electrical circuits on the layout and the fourth has been rewired through an older controller which was only being used for lighting. The points have also been wired back through this controller which means they no longer have a CDU in the circuit at least for now. As that means the lighting and points are on the same output the lights will flicker any time a point is thrown which is far from ideal. The working method until such time as I arrange something more permanent is therefore lights off by day and points are powered or at night the lights go on and the points are hand-worked.

That's a shame though a least you can run trains until you fix it.

Cheers Peter.

Damn, I'll be over at East Lancs with 40135 tomorrow... oh well another photo opportunity missed! Hopefully someone will get a pic and post here :mosking:

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

I think I would rather be looking at the real 40135 than playing trains. Anyway here is the old girl on Ballast.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-16006700-1330766155_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Obviously with the cooler weather transmission has recommenced, hey Pete......

you are probably finding that modelling goes in fits and starts.... I am in the fit stage at the moment. I will be doing more next weekend at Sandown exhibition, What day are you on Pete?

I am on Saturday so I may car pool with SRman. I will have to figure out what I am doing at there at some time... may be a NER Coach orplay with the interiors and glazing?

Hi Doug,

It's cooler all right it's rained here all day. I should be getting on with some modelling but I felt like running some trains this week.

I am at Sandown on Sunday at the moment but I have double booked myself so I am trying to get out of doing it. I spoke to Brain and he is going to try and find someone to fill my spot. If that happens I might make it up on Saturday. Monday is a no go, it's Leanne's birthday.

Cheers Peter.

After D200 ran round it's train I went up to the road bridge to get the train coming out. While I was waiting 45150 arrived on a Trans-Pennine service, 45141 came off shed to work the train forwards, shortly after D200 departed to Penmaenmawr.

Later in the day the Crewe- Amlwch MOD was worked by a pair of 20s. 20023 and 20154.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-39776900-1330767289_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-37783700-1330767529_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-18163700-1330767560_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-73603800-1330767583_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-40801900-1330767625_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-97457700-1330767794_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

More great photos Peter

Something I can't work out though....the top photo with the 40 shows the 'brick wall' in the background, whilst the lower shots looking across into the station show blue sky. Is that Photoshop or did I get the camera angles wrong?

I only ask as that first photo would look even better if the wall wasn't there...or was blue sky!

More great photos Peter

Something I can't work out though....the top photo with the 40 shows the 'brick wall' in the background, whilst the lower shots looking across into the station show blue sky. Is that Photoshop or did I get the camera angles wrong?

I only ask as that first photo would look even better if the wall wasn't there...or was blue sky!

The wall is on the oppsite side by the looks of it.. ie the right hand side of the station as you approach it.

More great photos Peter

Hi Pete,

Scott has it right, The top pic is taken from the back of the layout which has a blue painted backscene, which I have been working on, hopefully some warehouses will appear soon. I am thinking of making up a removable backscenes to put along the front for when I take pictures but that is a while of as I need to get on with other projects.

Hope that clears it up for you, Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

How is the new side of the layout coming on Peter any progress pictures?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Not alot has been done to be honest, The plan was always to get it up and running, then leave it so I could get on with finishing the station area, as I need to build an overall roof and a loco shed I have been putting it off for years and I really need to pull my finger out and get it done. The plan is to finish the backscenes and terrrace houses then try and crack on with the loco shed.

The new bit does seem to work well and has added alot more opreational fun to the layout. The pics show a class 33 passing on the main while an 08 is seen in one of the three carriage sidings the sidings next to that supposedly lead to the offscene yard and act as a headshunt for the three sidings. The brake van is sitting in a general use siding where as the other two will be an oil terminal.

Not sure why the pics don't come up in order but I am sure you get the idea.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-73110100-1330849372_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-13354600-1330849557_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-74697900-1330849636_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-26168300-1330849683_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter,

Excellent photos. I especially like your tunnel portals. Clearly a proprietary make - I would welcome further info on where you got them from.

I know everyone who posts here says this, but Llanbourne is certainly my favourite terminus on this Forum. Great stuff.

Jeff

Hi Peter, loving the latest photos especially the Peak and Chopper action.

I recently acquired some Motive Powe Monthly magazines and whilst looking through them I came across a photo section on Llandudno Junction in one issue. Some excellent photos and it has probably already been mentioned so apologies in advance but I am sure that the author is a member on here! Excellent article Larry.

Hi Peter,

Excellent photos. I especially like your tunnel portals. Clearly a proprietary make - I would welcome further info on where you got them from.

I know everyone who posts here says this, but Llanbourne is certainly my favourite terminus on this Forum. Great stuff.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

The tunnels are I think Peco, not sure if you can still get them though. I have had these for years.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, loving the latest photos especially the Peak and Chopper action.

I recently acquired some Motive Powe Monthly magazines and whilst looking through them I came across a photo section on Llandudno Junction in one issue. Some excellent photos and it has probably already been mentioned so apologies in advance but I am sure that the author is a member on here! Excellent article Larry.

Hi Alex,

Great to see you back on here, I do have some of those mags and do remember seeing some B&W pics taken at the Junction, fair chance they were taken by Larry.

Cheers Peter.

Just went back and read through this thread. You have an amazing layout and I have learned such much needed info for mine. Many thanks and I look forward to future updates.

Regards

Scott

Thanks Scott,

The great thing about this hobby is that you learn stuff all the time, I would be lost without forums like this.

Cheers Peter.

Very envious of your space Peter, the layout is coming on nicely, some lovely photos there.

Thanks Rob,

I am lucky to have a garage for my layout, though more space means more track that needs to be cleaned. For one person I don't think I would go much bigger.

Cheers Peter.