RMweb

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Premium

Two personalities -- the dog and the cat.

Dog:  That's a barrier; I mustn't go past it.

Cat: I think I can jump over that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I always liked a cartoon I saw years ago showing the front of a pet shop... I one window were some dogs, in the other some cats... Under the window with the cats there was a sign saying "Self Cleaning Variety"...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

No other reason than she'd get the hump if I didn’t post a picture of her for you...

_20210513_175302.JPG.be139dee308d4cb9296d9c057e434dcd.JPG

C6T. 

Very pretty cat.  She looks like she's slightly got the hump over having to pose for the camera though!

Shouldn't you be tickling my tummy or offering me a cat stick instead of pointing that thing at me?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Very pretty cat.  She looks like she's slightly got the hump over having to pose for the camera though!

Shouldn't you be tickling my tummy or offering me a cat stick instead of pointing that thing at me?

She'd just woke up so I'm already in her bad books at that time. Point a camera at her though she's like, "Yes I am very pretty, go on then." (and then clean her lady bits) She's a Diva!

C6T. 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

A rather nice letter in today's Times:

"Sir, Further to the letter "Rail Kindness", my Grandfather worked for Gods Wonderful Railway in the early 20th Century on the branch line between Banbury and Cheltenham.A job for the guards was the ensure that a peripatetic cat, which traveled up and down the line, was put on the last train home at night and let off at its home station, Chipping Norton."

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 2

Possibly done it before? Former neighbour had a couple of cats one of which, admittably only first floor, routinely jumped out of a side window onto a shed; the other, which did have a habit of getting itself into trouble like falling down a cavity wall, tried it one day, missed the shed and never tried it again.

Pfft, boxes are for the bourgeois feline, Mia keeping it real with Orwell Model Railways sustainable carry out alternative...

DSC_0112.JPG.c5ce74ff990b1867e45de8ce0b23ee9c.JPG

(there were three Dapol Turbots a triple pack of Accurascale PFAs a Bachmann bogie wagon and an EFE 58 in that bag btw, so my sustainability argument is on pretty shaky ground admittedly).

C6T. 

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Hobby said:

Ruddy cat worming tablets... I'll say no more, those of you who've done it will know what I mean! 

Oh yes.

Somewhere I saw a set of "instructions" for giving a cat a worming tablet.

It ran something along the lines of:

remove the tablet from the packaging and place it carefully on a flat surface. 

Pick up the cat and place it on the surface close to the tablet.

Now try and locate the tablet that the cat will have swished onto the floor with its tail

Grab the cat by the scruff of the neck.

Force the mouth open and pop the tablet into its mouth.

Now wait for it to swallow the tablet.

When you think it has swallowed, release the hold on its scruff.

The cat will shake its head vigorously and a small red tablet will shoot across the room.

Recover the tablet.

Grab the cat again by the scruff, force its mouth open and pop the tablet into its mouth.

Keep hold of the scruff while you try and locate a band aid to staunch the blood from the cuts on your hands from the claws.  

Release the cat and try and recover the now wet and soggy tablet that has been spat onto the floor.

and so it goes on.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Not with any of ours.  They somehow smell the material and won't touch it plus with several (many) cats there is the issue of ensuring that each victim gets the right amount.

The same is true for the liquid version and also tick and flea spot on.  We have several cats that will literally run away the second the vial is broken open even if they cannot see it happening.

• Agree 1

Normally when you pop the tablet in you work it down the throat but some are pretty wise to this and still manage to chuck it back. That's the reason for the fish, works on every cat i've had to do this way.

15 minutes ago, rdr said:

crush it and mix it in with some cooked fish or chicken, then feed to the cat. Works every time.

We tried that with one of our cats. When we looked in his bowl after he'd finished eating there was a small pile of white (soggy) powder left in it!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

Not with any of ours.  They somehow smell the material and won't touch it plus with several (many) cats there is the issue of ensuring that each victim gets the right amount.

The same is true for the liquid version and also tick and flea spot on.  We have several cats that will literally run away the second the vial is broken open even if they cannot see it happening.

Found the original of how to give a cat a pill

https://www.cats.org.uk/welwynhatfield/feature-pages/how-to-give-a-cat-a-pill

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andy Hayter said:

Found the original of how to give a cat a pill

https://www.cats.org.uk/welwynhatfield/feature-pages/how-to-give-a-cat-a-pill

Step 1 already requires 3 hands (not noted in instructions).

If the pill goes near the cat's throat, hold the mouth closed and blow down its nstrils; that should make it swallow.

• Agree 1

Our cat 'Boycie' has to have half a tablet each day to help reduce high blood pressure, our vet recommended Easy Pill (Cat) which is a meat flavoured putty, we just embed the tablet in a pea sized piece and pop it on top of his food - he never fails to eat it, so easy.

Cheers, Mick.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rdr said:

crush it and mix it in with some cooked fish or chicken, then feed to the cat. Works every time.

9 hours ago, Andy Hayter said:

Snowy's the same as Andy's, her sense of smell spots anything out of the ordinary and it's just left behind! Anyhow I finally managed to get it down her and she's forgiven me... Now for the flea stuff on the back of her neck!

1 hour ago, Mick Boyd said:

Our cat 'Boycie' has to have half a tablet each day to help reduce high blood pressure, our vet recommended Easy Pill (Cat) which is a meat flavoured putty, we just embed the tablet in a pea sized piece and pop it on top of his food - he never fails to eat it, so easy.

Cheers, Mick.

I think if it's done regularly they get used to it and accept it helps them, Dom, my elder daughter's cat, has to have regular doses as well and he's ok with it...

• Agree 1