York station in the 1950's.

kirtleypete

Thank you Michael.   The aspects and shunt signal all work, just not wired yet.     The route indicators are dummy.    I have shied away from working ones for 3 reasons.   1.   The working dot matrix type are much too big in 4mm, and don't look right.   2.  They are very fragile - the first signal delivered was Y161 on platform 13, 4 aspect, shunt plus RI, and it didn't take long for me to brush it with an arm and damage it.  And 3.   It is going to be tough enough to configure iTRains to get these working, and working RI's on top would be a step too far in terms of both hardware and software.   Giles

• Friendly/supportive 1

I think that's the right answer - working dot matrix type in 4mm is still pushing the limits of what the technology can do but I suspect it will become feasible within a decade or so.  In any case route indication is complicated by the fact that you've had to take a few liberties with the station approaches to fit the layout in.  This means that some route indicators would probably have to differ from the prototype as the next signal may be something other than it was on the prototype

I've watched all of the iTrain videos, but I've still not got my head around around how it handles UK signalling.  I'm convinced it will do the job though when correctly configured.  You might need to use the iTrain forum for assistance if you hit problems - they seem to be pretty good at sorting out what people have coded up wrongly. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...