Rail Express sold

Davidjsmith

• RMweb Gold

i wonder, considering that the model bit is staying in the original place, that we will soon see rail express modeller as a seperate magazine althogether?

Doubt it - Gareth has gone with rex and should make a good job if it.

Whether Phil starts something else is another matter of course.

I spent some time chatting with Gareth at DEMU, and the biggest change he was keen on was that the magazine will hit it's publication dates once in the Morton group. He was saying they are much more rigid about these things than the small outfit they are currently.

He was also asking people to contact him with any changes they would like to see going forward..... within reason I don't think he'll look keenly on kettle requests ;)

He was also asking people to contact him with any changes they would like to see going forward..... within reason I don't think he'll look keenly on kettle requests ;)

Less paint froth for a start please! I like the 'Retrospectrum' articles but I'm getting increasingly annoyed with the captions next to a large picture, pointing out the bleeding obvious livery facts, plus the attitude that because it's in Transmainhaul Systems Dutch Southeast livery it somehow makes it more rateable. Don't get me wrong though as it is the only monthly I get (on subscription as it happens) and I do enjoy it on the whole.

C6T.

i wonder, considering that the model bit is staying in the original place, that we will soon see rail express modeller as a seperate magazine althogether?

Have I missed something? Is the 'model bit' staying with Phillip Sutton or have I just mis-read that?

James,

Have a look at this Limited Edition Models thread also. The production and selling of exclusive limited edition models is staying with the current/old publishers but under a new name. The modelling part of the magazine stays with the magazine as it moves to its new publisher.

Ah, that's clearer! Thank you :)

I thought it meant the model magazine but I'd heard Phil Sutton was looking to persue the L/E side of things - and I saw 'spend more time with his money' mentioned too! :lol:

Archived