The Budoc Bridge Branch to Page 9. Budoc Bridge TMD from Page 9.

Andrew P

Today between watching the F1 Practice sessions I've Painted the Rails and done the Ballasting.

Firstly just Painted Ballasted and moistened.

IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.038fc358dd82480980cd02f6b10530a7.JPG

Now with a light liberal coating of PVA / Water / Detergent mix.

IMG_0001A.JPG.2d957d8a8d8c054761e61a262d8e2935.JPG

Now waiting for it all to dry.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

And so this morning / Saturday the PVA had almost gone, just some damp patches to dry out over the weekend, but at least I was able to test it to ensure all the Points etc worked still.

IMG_0007.JPG.3a71805f57ed5e43fd9c0a2c303e3f40.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG.f20c70397fee95a4d517135bd2bf250c.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG.2185a9cfe221f978eba99aad5d640ed9.JPG

• Like 13

1 hour ago, David Bell said:

Great video Andy.

It is coming along nicely. You have covered a lot of ground (literally!)

The sound in that 37 sounds pretty good, I assume it is standard Hornby TTS?

Cheers

David

Cheers David, and yes its a std TTS just with a couple of CV's altered as its in a Bachmann Loco plus the volume on minimum, which to me is still a bit to oud, so some foam will go over the speaker at some point, probably when I do the second one.

This morning the Hornby TTS Sound fitted 37 arrived from A2B Models, and after a short test, the sound was removed and the Loco re set to DC and is back on E Bay.

I then fitted it to the ViTrains 37, tested it, re set a couple of CV's and as you will see in next Sundays Video, it runs superb.

Next jobbie was to fit all the bits, the hardest for me was fitting the wipers, they are tiny, why can't they just mould them on like most company's do?

Just needs a dammed good weathering now along with a few others from the growing Fleet.

SORRY ABOUT THE WEIRED LIGHTING, Not to sure what happened here.

IMG_0019.JPG.c8607b300676c02e7dd1a62f4ad3367a.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG.74ffa7a18f17466339e0a3115b3c1d83.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG.486d680a96705c0b38ed9a10bda65e98.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG.4dd28a37cc7fe62bd768df27b9563613.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

Andy - confused of Uckfiueld here.

I am not getting why you buy a sound fitted loco simply to remove the chip, speaker etc and resell when you could simply buy the chip - or am I missing something?

Paul R

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, pwr said:

Andy - confused of Uckfiueld here.

I am not getting why you buy a sound fitted loco simply to remove the chip, speaker etc and resell when you could simply buy the chip - or am I missing something?

Paul R

Hi Paul, at the moment the chips are not available on their own, and the  second hand ones on E-Bay seem to fetch more than doing it this way has cost me. So "A" supply, and "B" cost.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Paul, at the moment the chips are not available on their own, and the  second hand ones on E-Bay seem to fetch more than doing it this way has cost me. So "A" supply, and "B" cost.

That thought had crossed my mind. Hopefully you can make a turn on the unwanted models!

Paul R

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Andy,

I have not looked at the Hornby TTS options but do you (In your opinion) think they are better than the ESU/Zimo options in terms of sound quality, or is it purely down to the cost of the chips?

Rich

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Andy,

I have not looked at the Hornby TTS options but do you (In your opinion) think they are better than the ESU/Zimo options in terms of sound quality, or is it purely down to the cost of the chips?

Rich

Hi Rich, the quality is excellent, but cost also plays its part in the decision makeing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, andyram said:

Glad the class 37 arrived ok Andy. Shame no pics or videos before the removal of the chip (unless it is in a video I have not yet seen).  Layout continues to develop nicely.

Hi Andy, It arrived to late for last Sundays Video as it only came on Monday but the Sound does feature in the Video, but after transferring to the ViTrains 37, and sounds awesome mate.

The Chip Removed / DCC Ready Hornby Class 37 in Colas is now back on E-Bay. 

• Like 1

Today, using some Peco Code 55 Rail, I've made a Guard Rail for the Staff Car Park.

I know the Vehicles are out of period, but they are all I have other than the older stuff.

IMG_0033.JPG.59da62dd1a27bc72217d89c6d3312e51.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG.922a296d88fc4fd3da591ae0d6f18595.JPG

• Like 14