The Budoc Bridge Branch to Page 9. Budoc Bridge TMD from Page 9.

Andrew P

On 31/05/2022 at 15:27, woodenhead said:

He don't like Hydrawlllics, well not the sound they make anyway, so a Western era western layout would have to be post 1976 - Sulzers, Brushes Type 2s, EE Type 3s, Brush Type 4s and maybe a 50 - all with sound.

Now were talking. 👍

• Like 1

A little more has been done on here over the last couple of days as a break from Trewithen, as I have an area on there that needs more thought before proceeding.

So I have fitted some Copper Clad ends to the Rails on the Board joint, courtesy of my friend Kevin @Hampshire Hog 

When folded the Board will be 3ft 6 inches x 2ft (106.68cm x  60cm),  Ideal for the boot of a Car and to take to shows if anyone wants to put their name on it yet. 😮

IMG_8324.JPG.4714220da2df10aaffcf3569d55837dd.JPG

IMG_8325.JPG.80e5da3c88da7520ad4fdffc13d638b5.JPG

IMG_8326.JPG.e7d51709965b71102b1c876f6e007d94.JPG

IMG_8327.JPG.87a680761314b14a7c6833ce6d9aac6c.JPG

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

So I have fitted some Copper Clad ends to the Rails on the Board joint, courtesy of my friend Kevin @Hampshire Hog 

When folded the Board will be 3ft 6 inches x 2ft (106.68cm x  60cm),  Ideal for the boot of a Car and to take to shows if anyone wants to put their name on it yet. 😮

And there I was thinking, ooh perhaps Andy fancies doing a local show with one of his models.  But, no, he is just thinking ahead to the fully anticipated sale of the railway.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

And there I was thinking, ooh perhaps Andy fancies doing a local show with one of his models.  But, no, he is just thinking ahead to the fully anticipated sale of the railway.

Or both? 🤓

• Like 2

• Andrew P changed the title to The Budoc Bridge Branch to Page 9. Budoc Bridge TMD from Page 9.

Hi, Andy

Like the poster above, I've only just seen the layout thread. I'm a bite late with an alternative name suggestion - thought Bute Docks might have worked, especially in a Forrest Gump accent...

Anyway, I'm sure it will be another gem off your production line. Will watch with interest

Regards

Steve

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, andyram said:

Just found this project. How have I missed it. Looking promising Andy.

Thanks Andy, just something to give a break from big and green flocking.😙

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stevea said:

Hi, Andy

Like the poster above, I've only just seen the layout thread. I'm a bite late with an alternative name suggestion - thought Bute Docks might have worked, especially in a Forrest Gump accent...

Anyway, I'm sure it will be another gem off your production line. Will watch with interest

Regards

Steve

Cheers Steve, Bute Docks would have been a good title, I'll maybe save that for the next one, I have the Boards almost ready.

Not sure about the Forest Gump accent, having never seen the Film or heard the voice, but if its anything like my Devon accent, (and I left Devon at 4 years of age, apart from 3 years back there on the late 80's), its enough to drive anyone to sleep, (see my Trewithen Videos, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragonboy said:

Can’t beat having more than 1 layout to play with. Helps keep the mojo going. 

Totally agree, the only way is up. 👍 thumbs up. 😁

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Interesting hinged baseboard giving better access to a 'familiar' track plan - getting over the 'problem' of the hinge area in Cadley Hill that required quite a modification.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/06/2022 at 17:19, PeterBB said:

Interesting hinged baseboard giving better access to a 'familiar' track plan - getting over the 'problem' of the hinge area in Cadley Hill that required quite a modification.

Hi Peter, Sorry for the late reply, for a narrow board, this is the best method I've come up with so far, but it needs locating dowels or bolts / latches to secure it firmly together.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

One minute it’s all blue diesels, I look away and suddenly it’s all post privatisation.

When did you purchase these or is it from Bute Road?

Bute Road left overs ready for this and a future project. 🤪

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, andyram said:

Is that the new roundy round layout suspended from the ceiling?

Nah that's the garden railway .... or the new basement :)  I always think Andy's model room is a bit like Mary Poppins bag .... just how much CAN he get in there :)

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 11/06/2022 at 14:41, woodenhead said:

One minute it’s all blue diesels, I look away and suddenly it’s all post privatisation.

Yes that’s a bit of a shock. Do you think if I look away we’ll be back in the BR blue period?

• Funny 1

32 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Yes that’s a bit of a shock. Do you think if I look away we’ll be back in the BR blue period?

Hows that?

IMG_0198.thumb.JPG.40496dab33edf5bb19e7ecaf729d16fa.JPG

IMG_0199.thumb.JPG.2a63238067a4ba961d454f76f6130e14.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10