The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Netflix - The Social Dilemna

woodenhead

Watched this tonight, now I know not to trust social media and as such watching this film only confirmed that - which means I am being manipulated to watch a programme from an echo chamber at Netflix rather than the Facebook one, but this is a thought provoking glimpse into how AI is now running (or is that ruining) our culture, society and fabric of democracy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11464826/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/19/the-social-dilemma-a-wake-up-call-for-a-world-drunk-on-dopamine

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Watched this tonight, now I know not to trust social media and as such watching this film only confirmed that - which means I am being manipulated to watch a programme from an echo chamber at Netflix rather than the Facebook one, but this is a thought provoking glimpse into how AI is now running (or is that ruining) our culture, society and fabric of democracy.

Forget anything political going on which we're not supposed to talk about anyway, the real battles are the behind the scenes ones of the now sentient AIs of Google and Facebook. They're bright enough to have not yet revealed themselves...

Or maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night.

2 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

The Circle (2007), with Tom Hanks and Emma Watson, is also a film with a worrying vision. 

I tried to watch it the other night but for some reason it kept causing my speaker bar to fail and when on TV sound it crashed - how odd!!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

There's also a documentary worth watching called:

The Great Hack - a documentary about Cambridge Analytica and how much we're "tracked" online.

Not least by Netflix! They are shockers with their promos.