Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Stockton and Darlington 200 locomotion model?

2025 sees the 200th anniversary of the opening of the Stockton and Darlington railway. 

I was wondering if any of the model railway manufacturers would consider making a model of locomotion in 00 gauge? 

With the increased interest in the railway and the locomotive with the anniversary a model would sell well. 

From an engineering point of view making a working model with all the delicate valve gear and motion would be a challenge to say the least. If it was too difficult they could always make it a static model. 

Hornbys model of the rocket has been brilliant and hopefully sold well for them. I see no reason that locomotion wouldn't sell equally as well.

What are other peoples thoughts? 

• Like 1

It was discussed in the Rocket thread ISTR.

My personal conclusion was it wouldn't be too difficult to replicate the motion for an ingenious model designer, watch the way the grasshoppers go up and down.

But where you put the motor might be a problem.

Personal view point is I would buy one. But would much prefer Lion.

Jason

• Thanks 1