Locomotionmodels celebrate 60 years of the Class 37 with an exclusive model from Accurascale

AY Mod

1 hour ago, Chilly said:

Hi intensity light gone hmmm

That went before it arrived at the GCR, which is strange as it still has Orange cantrail line and oversized yellow warning panel which were as per the EWS era repaint. That said it looks better without the headlight IMO.

• Agree 4

15 hours ago, 37114 said:

That went before it arrived at the GCR, which is strange as it still has Orange cantrail line and oversized yellow warning panel which were as per the EWS era repaint. That said it looks better without the headlight IMO.

Maybe the cantrail and warning panel could be added to the model? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

If you mean by the factory, the model is in as-built, not as-preserved condition :)

Understood, looks good in all green anyway plus ordered D6702 which has those panels, so nice to have something not the same if that makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chilly said:

Maybe the cantrail and warning panel could be added to the model? 

If anyone wanted to use the Accurascale model to create it as today there are a few bits it would need modifying to be prototypical:

- The cantrail line and Warning panel added as you menation

- The Boiler water tank has flush sides with no steps or gauges

- The bodyside boiler filler hatch and steps need removing

- The electrification warning signs are the post year 2000 yellow versions.

- The cab has a bulkhead added behind the drivers seat.

With the exception of the boiler filler hatch, the rest of the Mods can be done easily enough without repainting the Locomotion model.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I had this through earlier -

Thank you for your patience while we awaited information about when we could expect our Sound Fitted BR English Electric Type 3 No.D6700 models.

We now have updated information from Accurascale about when we can expect our models in stock. Here are some pieces of information relevant to your model:

'On our original batch of EE Type 3's, D6700-6705, require some additional work around the connecting doors on the front of the locomotives, as we are not happy with the fit and finish here, and other small areas that require improvement. However, once implemented, they will form a cracking model of one of the nations most favourite diesel locomotives'

'to avoid swamping the factory and to ensure delivery in a timely fashion, we will now have to batch produce them and deliver the entire first run over three deliveries'

'Batch 3 is the Blue/Green 37/0s. Planned shipment end of December, arriving in stock in February 2023'

For the full update please refer to Accurascale's website, which can be found here. 

As stated in Accurascale's update, we are now expecting our models at the end of February 2023, which is when we hope to begin dispatch to you. We apologise that this date is later than anticipated but we hope that the additional time delays to ensure these models are produced to the highest possible standard will be worth the wait. 

Thank you again for your patience, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Best Wishes,

Locomotion Models

I can wait :)

• Agree 3

On 28/06/2022 at 12:20, 37114 said:

If anyone wanted to use the Accurascale model to create it as today there are a few bits it would need modifying to be prototypical:

- The electrification warning signs are the post year 2000 yellow versions.

-

I didn't know they had changed.   As one of my jobs was Y2K co-ordinator, I can't helping wondering what was it that had change about electrification warnings to make them Y2K compliant?

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another update from Locomotion - the relevant bit being:

Batch Three - Original EE Type 3 Green and BR Blue - Delivery June 2023

Which echoes Accurascale's own update if you have been following that thread.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another update - 

In our last update, we told you that, as per information from Accurascale, we would be expecting these models in June. However, as some of you may have seen, unfortunately they have experienced further delays in production, resulting in our expected release date being pushed further. Read more below. 
 "Batch 3 which consists of the original 5 locomotives in as-built condition (D6700 NRM special edition, 37001, D6702, Accurascale Exclusive D6703 and D6704) are now due in late August 2023.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today, and I know others have also had theirs as mentioned in the main Accurascale thread.

It's a real thing of beauty. Without the small yellow ends of 6703 it looks that little bit stealthy. Until you open the throttle.

One of the headcode box covers is a touch loose but the pins are intact so a teeny dab of glue n glaze will sort that.

Well worth the wait.

• Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Mine arrived today, and I know others have also had theirs as mentioned in the main Accurascale thread.

It's a real thing of beauty. Without the small yellow ends of 6703 it looks that little bit stealthy. Until you open the throttle.

One of the headcode box covers is a touch loose but the pins are intact so a teeny dab of glue n glaze will sort that.

Well worth the wait.

It appears mine has been delivered to where I work. However, my colleague and I have started hiding each others parcels, so I will have to hunt down my parcel when I get to work!

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

It appears mine has been delivered to where I work. However, my colleague and I have started hiding each others parcels, so I will have to hunt down my parcel when I get to work!

Shame it can't make sound from inside the box 😁

• Funny 1

Not a peep from anyone for my order not even asking for the balance 🤔

Wow has nearly three years flown by 😬

Order Confirmation

Thank you for placing your order with Locomotionmodels.com. We are pleased to confirm your order details.

Your order reference is: XXXXXXXXXXX The order was placed On: 02/12/2020 at 13:10:04.

English Electric Type 3 No.D6700
Variant = D6700 Deposit £30

7 hours ago, Chilly said:

Order Confirmation

Thank you for placing your order with Locomotionmodels.com. We are pleased to confirm your order details.

Your order reference is: XXXXXXXXXXX The order was placed On: 02/12/2020 at 13:10:04.

Thay took the balance of my payment at the end of October and was delivered last week.

8 hours ago, Chilly said:

Order Confirmation

Hi there, apologies you haven't received any communication from us regarding your pre-ordered model. If you email queries-locomotionmodels@locomotion.org.uk, we will be able to send you a secure payment link, and your Class 37 can be sent out as soon as we have received payment. Please note, we aim to respond to all email queries within 5 working days. Thanks!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Locomotion No. 3 said:

Hi there, apologies you haven't received any communication from us regarding your pre-ordered model. If you email queries-locomotionmodels@locomotion.org.uk, we will be able to send you a secure payment link, and your Class 37 can be sent out as soon as we have received payment. Please note, we aim to respond to all email queries within 5 working days. Thanks!

I have tried that e-mail address and keep getting a bounce back?

AMS0EPF000001A1.mail.protection.outlook.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

locomotionmodels@locomotion.org.uk (locomotionmodels@locomotion.org.uk)
Your message was rejected by the recipient's domain because the recipient's email address isn't listed in the domain's directory. It might be misspelled or it might not exist.

ah just seen my error 🙄

Success this time, apologies my eagerness got in the way 👍

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 25/11/2023 at 17:58, AndrewB7585 said:

Is anyone else still waiting for their Locomotion D6700? I didn’t want to bother them before now but it’s now been a while and I’ve heard nothing. I paid the balance off back in 2022 so it’s not a lack of payment

I sent a query through yesterday as I’d paid the balance in late October this year after their prompting email, but had no sign of the order.

Had a reply this morning saying they have them waiting in stock but still needed the balance payment - I’ve supplied their confirmation of payment email and a statement screenshot so fingers crossed that gets it moving.

It's possible there’s some order limbo where yours is waiting too!

• Friendly/supportive 1