Using the easy-assembly Finetrax pointwork kits in 00 and EM (and in P4 from the S4 Society)

NFWEM57

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KeithHC said:

I will read the instructions fully before I start not the normal man thing of only reading them when its too late.

You're supposed be doing a real life review, what use will a review like that be to the rest of us, or is it just me?!!

Mike.

• Funny 7

3 hours ago, KeithHC said:

If I knew it was you Patrick I would have offered you a coffee. But thanks for that large box I will be looking after it all weekend. I am not going to rush need to dig out my soldering kit and tools first. But after seeing John's comments I will read the instructions fully before I start not the normal man thing of only reading them when its too late.

Keith

Happy Easter to everyone   

Keith

After fitting the cast crossing, then fit the tiebar followed by the switch rails (Not the Stock rails) making sure you have the switch rails the correct way round. After this its a doddle

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

14 minutes ago, hayfield said:

What's a "bank holiday"  ?

Yet another thing us poor old retired people miss out on !!!

I'm semi-retired. Work three days a week. Tuesday, Wednesday And Thursday (note the potential for oft used abbreviation), so every weekend is like Easter to me. I feel quite bitter this weekend because everyone gets it but nothing extra for me.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

I'm semi-retired. Work three days a week. Tuesday, Wednesday And Thursday (note the potential for oft used abbreviation), so every weekend is like Easter to me. I feel quite bitter this weekend because everyone gets it but nothing extra for me.

You could say every day for you is a bank holiday except Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday !!!

• Funny 2

5 minutes ago, hayfield said:

You could say every day for you is a bank holiday except Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday !!!

It's funny you say that because the way I think of it is that when I worked full time, the usual thing to do in the morning was to go to work. With three days a week, the usual thing is not to go to work.

Quite a refreshing change of perception, I think.

The trouble is, I find that with more time on my hands, my modelling productivity (hour by hour) has diminished. There are, of course, the demands of the domestic authorities (decorating the lounge this weekend) but it's all too easy to tell yourself you'll finish that kit build tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RBAGE said:

I dont work Friday's so will take my 'bank holiday' in lieu at some other time during a week in the future

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, steve45 said:

I dont work Friday's so will take my 'bank holiday' in lieu at some other time during a week in the future

A much more civilised working arrangement.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RBAGE said:

It's funny you say that because the way I think of it is that when I worked full time, the usual thing to do in the morning was to go to work. With three days a week, the usual thing is not to go to work.

Quite a refreshing change of perception, I think.

The trouble is, I find that with more time on my hands, my modelling productivity (hour by hour) has diminished. There are, of course, the demands of the domestic authorities (decorating the lounge this weekend) but it's all too easy to tell yourself you'll finish that kit build tomorrow.

Bob

I guess you need to get this track down before the 'completed' APCM van kits will be able to run on it! Logical priorities don't always prevail though.

Dave

• Agree 2

I need to dismantle the unfinished Newton Hall Junction before I can move two miles south to this location.  

Have you completed your vans? I decided against the batch approach and am on with number 5.

Anyway, this amazing track system will probably land at just about the perfect time. I expect it will replicate hand built track formations in a fraction of the time it used to take in the past.

It looks like it has the potential to raise the appearance of the trackwork on many an average modeller railway.

I'm really looking forward to it.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, RBAGE said:

I’m semi-retired. Work three days a week. Tuesday, Wednesday And Thursday ... so every weekend is like Easter to me. I feel quite bitter this weekend because everyone gets it but nothing extra for me.

OFF TOPIC

I worked this pattern before retiring early. If you work as an employee three-fifths of a week then you are legally entitled to three-fifths of the bank holidays: you are entitled to three-fifths of the statutory minimum paid annual leave allowance (20 days pa) which includes the bank holidays.  Don’t lose out!  

Of course, you might be self-employed, in which case employee’s rules don’t apply.

ON TOPIC

More Time to build Wayne’s excellent kits.

RT

Edited by RichardT
Spelling
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, RBAGE said:

Is the glass half full or half empty? We are (model) engineers, the glass is obviously the wrong size..!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Just to keep you all advised. Domestic chores and gardening are having to take priority at the moment. This also includes installing a robotic mower. I need one as being retired I am far too busy to mow the lawn..... But I hope to start looking at the kit on Monday when the weather turns.

Keith

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, KeithHC said:

Just to keep you all advised. Domestic chores and gardening are having to take priority at the moment. This also includes installing a robotic mower. I need one as being retired I am far too busy to mow the lawn..... But I hope to start looking at the kit on Monday when the weather turns.

Keith

A robotic kit builder would be the more preferable way to go, and in my case, better.

Mike.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

42 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

A robotic kit builder would be the more preferable way to go, and in my case, better.

Mike.

Mike

The kit is exceptionally well designed and very easy to build, if you pay attention to the instructions

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

41 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Excuses, excuses!

Mike.

It’s better than the fun I had with the robotic mower......... it says just two wires now where have I heard that before.

Keith

• Funny 6