Hornby Magazine (Feb 2021)/ Hornby 2021 Catalogue - DEAL.

Bulleidboy100

For those who have not yet reached the back page of the January edition of Hornby Magazine (further information on page 9), there is a note that states the February edition of the magazine will be available from January 7th 2021 together with a copy of the new Hornby Catalogue bought together for £10.98 a saving of £4.00. This will be available from participating Tesco stores and online from Key Publishing.

This offer will be available for a limited time between January 6th - 19th 2021.

If you subscribe to Hornby Magazine the new Hornby catalogue can be ordered at a discounted price through shop.keypublishing.com

The magazine will not be available until the 7th January as it contains information about the new 2021 releases, which will be made available by Hornby at 10am on the 5th January 2021.

Before anyone asks - it does not say whether the magazine and catalogue will be in the same bag - it just says if they are bought together the combined price will be £10.98.

At this moment in time, I cannot find any mention of the 2021 Hornby Catalogue on Key Publishings site. I assume it will appear at some stage?

Edited by Bulleidboy100
amendment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/12/2020 at 15:10, Steamport Southport said:

They're usually separate. Someone might just want the magazine. The discount is applied at the till.

Many thanks. A very helpful comment as there was no indication of any discount in my local Tesco's until I got to the self-checkout. Nothing even shows on the hand scanner until one checks out. So one has to know about the discount. I noted that the Hornby catalogue was only in the section where the 2 for 1 magazines are often found in my local store and not with the railway magazines, which is where I had been looking for the last few days in the large Tesco's in Horsham. The February edition of the Hornby magazine could be found both with the usual railway magazines and next to the Hornby Catalogue so it may pay to peruse the shelves carefully in some stores! 

Jeremy

• Like 2

I noticed that a couple of years ago in WH Smith.

There was an older bloke who seemed to be umming and ahhing about buying the magazine. He'd already got the catalogue in his hand as well as a couple of other magazines. He kept picking it up and putting it down.

It wasn't until I told him about the offer that he bought both. There wasn't any signs at all.

Jason

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Did it apply to WHS this year ? The magazine advert only refers to Tesco  6th Jan to 19th I think , for discount . Not wanting to visit supermarkets unnecessarily I ordered it from Key Publishing direct . Get the discount on  both and it arrived in 3 days . 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Our Tesco (Stafford) had no visible Hornby catalogues on the 6th, plenty of Hornby magazines, I asked and the lady said "what ever they had was out".  There was Just a blank space on the shelves for the Hornby catalogue and presumably the airfix catalogue (similar deal with another magazine)?  We left empty handed.

The boss (my better half) went the next day and asked again as there was no Hornby catalogue out that day either.  Another lady said she'd got a crate of these 'funny book things' that she'd not put out as she didn't know where they went... :-)  My better half pointed to the space on the shelves. So we were all happy.

I've had no end of trouble over the years at both WHSmith and now Tesco, getting the offer, maybe I should get them in the post in future?  :-)  A £4 saving is a £4 saving after all...

• Friendly/supportive 3

Airfix has Airfix Model World as the offer.

Decent magazine to be fair. I pick it up occasionally. Like the Hornby mag it's not all Airfix. Full of good modelling and techniques.

However most of my Airfix modelling is just making up the occasional Vintage Classic kit such as a tank or plane for a bit of fun and nostalgia. I don't do any of the complicated builds like in the magazines such as dioramas and super detailing Russian tanks.

Jason

Hello Everyone.

You all probably know by now but here goes

So without realising it I bought

Hornby Magazine Feb2021...4.99 discounted by 1.33 so £3.66

Hornby Catalogue 2021.........9.99 discounted by 2.67 so £7.32

Both separate and not bagged up together.

What a nice surprise it was I can tell you.

Bought Tesco Stores 6 jan 2021

Take care and stay safe

Kind regards

M

Edited by Bodie-37