The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Happy New Year!

Reorte

You should all be safely tucked in bed by the time my New Year rolls around at GMT+8.  Either that or getting up for your first breakfast of 2021.

So I hope your New Years celebrations were all celebrated safely with just those in your personal bubble.

Happy New Year 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Well! The fireworks around here took quite a while to die down, most of the visual spectacle hidden by fog, the various booms and bangs merging into a continuous barage of sound for nearly half an hour, and all being amateur attempts as not one official fireworks display was to be had. Our dog, Coco, would have been terrified, if he wasn't fifteen and a half years old, one eyed and virtually deaf! Our rabbit, Oreo, nonchalantly chewed on a stick. Our other rabbit, Bing, couldn't care less, having died at the beginning of December...

And so we bid 2020 farewell. It hasn't been a great year (unless you were a pal of one of our government ministers, in which case it was a brilliant year thank you very much ker-ching) - in fact, I am sure the history books will mark it down as one of the worst years in recent history. But 2021 will be better. Must be better.

And so it really is a heartfelt wish that all RMWebbers (plus all who are near and dear to them) have a happy, safe and healthy new year!

Steve S

• Like 2

Wishing everyone a good (and hopefully) a better New Year

A mixture of clever technology and filming. The drones are real, but it's not all filmed where the back drops are.

Edited by JeremyC
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

This new years was particularly special in our area.

it seemed as Christmas started earlier, people on our street were deploying lights in mid-November. Last night at 10pm we took a walk around the deserted streets, looking at every single house having lights hanging outside... at least 100 or so houses... Ive never seen everyone, or even half, do it before.

At midnight it was the loudest and longest set of fireworks going off around the neighbourhood that I can remember for a New Years eve.

It seems this year everyone in our area wanted a bit more of a celebration, even if everyone was doing it from their own homes...

this was ours... it was very mild and very cold, so we just let the champagne cool in the garden

Happy New Years !

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, JeremyC said:

Wishing everyone a good (and hopefully) a better New Year

A mixture of clever technology and filming. The drones are real, but it's not all filmed where the back drops are.

Absolutely stunning and so clever.  I loved the words that went with it as well - written by Scots makar Jackie Kay.  The music is by Skye-based Celtic fision band Niteworks..

It's going to be an interesting year. I hope it goes well for you all.

DT

Edited by Torper
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1