Trains On Time

Soundloco

Harry, I phoned Trains on Time on 0141 889 6677 at 16.45 this afternoon, without any problem at all!

In fact, I had a friendly conversation with a very polite and helpful staff member, who painlessly relieved my card of a lump of cash, agreed to put a chip in the loco for me and promised that it will be despatched tomorrow morning. He apologised that both the postman and the couriers had already collected today's despatches, so it couldn't be sent out today!

In other words, perfectly normal service from T on T !

drinks.gif

Richard

Update to Post #26:-

Order placed at 16.45 on Tuesday. Despatch e-mail came on Wednesday morning. Parcelforce man & van delivered it 11.30 Thursday.

Perfectly packed, so it has arrived safely and couldn't be in better condition had I bought it face-to-face in a local shop. Not only that, but it was a bargain!

By phoning the order in, I certainly feel made welcome and get treated very well as a customer and feel good on ringing off! I've also bought from them on-line, with equally efficient outcomes.

This is one of four 'distant' shops I use, and it will probably be my first choice in future, unless I'm buying something special, such as a retailler-commissioned model.

The usual disclaimer - 'just' a (very) satisfied customer! :drinks:

(Edited to correct typing - First choice rather than 'fist' choice - Paisley is a very nice place!

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to that I am really impressed with the personal service i just received from Daniel at TOT when i was having probs installing my sound in some locos . I would recommend this shop to all concerned I was well pleased Thanks again Guys for the long distance help :-)

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using TOT for a couple years or more now for their sound engines.

I found it an excellent way of getting a greater variety of sound engines and using Howes sound without having to buy the engine then rip it apart and send the decoder to Howes.

I am very impressed with their service especialy tracking the parcel from Scotland at 1600 to my door in deepest Kent at 1100 the next day!

Thing is, their web site only shows a couple of sound engines (diesel) now were there used to be a huge selection of engines and DMUs. What has happened? I had my eye on a few engines and was trying to make a case to my wallet!

What has happened to their sound stock, they can't of sold it all in last few weeks?

I've had a class 105 DMU from them, it was double the price of a standard one but when you think that you need two decoders- sound one with a speaker and a standard one in the trailer for the lights. It's not just the cost of the decoders but the work needed to put them in. I've pretty much destroyed a CEP MC trying to put a decoder in. So I really find TOT an excellent supplier. But why have they seemed to have stopped doing special sound engines?

Jim

So I really find TOT an excellent supplier. But why have they seemed to have stopped doing special sound engines?

Jim

A month or so ago, there was an announcement on their website that they were offering all DCC-ready locos in three states:-

'standard' - the basic DCC-ready loco at TOT 'standard' price, or

'dcc-fitted' -chip fitted by ToT, total price basic loco + chip cost, or thereabouts, and

'sound fitted' - basic loco price + £100 or so.

However, these options only appeared after a loco had been selected from the Bach/Hornby Locos page,

i.e. choose a loco, then decide which option you want.

I didn't check before I started typing this whether that is still the case, but it's probably worth a try!

I don't expect that they do keep in-depth stocks of sound chips, etc, nor pre-fitted locos; rather I think they respond very promptly once a loco is ordered. They have recently shown reduced opening times, and again, I don't know if this has impacted on their response time.

As usual, no connection with them, except as a very satisfied customer - very nice people, attractive prices and excellent service.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry...I posted a query about ToT in another section of the forum not realizing it was being discussed here..apologies tendered and i see my question has been more than adequately answered.

Cheers

Gene

• 2 weeks later...

I recently enquired about a weathered cl37 (Oor Wullie) that was on their Ebay site and whether sound could be fitted. Had a reply within 24 hours and said loco duly arrived 48 hours after ordering. As with others absolutely no connection with the shop other than a very pleased customer. Will certainly use again as prices are very competative and service is second to none.

Regards

Philip

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't believe I've never posted on here before, as a multiply satisfied customer!

Anyway, here's an extra bit of gen for the T-O-T habituees, last week I ordered a spare 25 bodyshell from T-O-T and a 'shop return' blue 25 from a completely different (so I thought) eBay trader that I secured with a (to me) fair Best Offer. When I picked up the two packages, they were wrapped identically (box-cardboard-taped black plastic bag), and I noticed a Paisley post code on the alternative item.

So, if you are a satisfied customer of T-O-T, and like your internet auction fun, you might want to look out for the sister outfit clares_clearout for stuff that is obviously not quite in the routine T-O-T stock lines. I again stress no connection other than as a satisfied customer, who is happy with internet trading and eBay as a marketplace, which I am well aware doesn't suit everyone.

EDIT: to add - I just revisited the eBay shop page for Clare's Clearout, and if you read the text it states that it's an outlet for selling stuff from her husband's shop. So that's it - it's the T-O-T equivalent of Next To Nothing, for those of you familiar with that end-of-line retailer!

• 1 month later...

Hi, has anybody had any difficulty in getting through to Trains on Time lately, I sent an email enquiry, i had a couple of replies, then sent another email, I have not heard anything for over a week now, also tried ringing no answer ?

I hope that nothing untoward has happened to anybody there.

Any information would be appreciated.

Best regards

Craig.

Hi, has anybody had any difficulty in getting through to Trains on Time lately

I hope that nothing untoward has happened to anybody there.

Any information would be appreciated.

Best regards

Craig.

Hi, Craig!

You seem to have been unlucky - I had a very quick exchange of e-mails with them during the afternoon yesterday - Monday 19th March - and it led to a very happy conclusion regarding a part-exchange deal I was aking for.

I notice they have a google mail address - I've heard in the past that some security and virus-checking software doesn't like googlemail very much. Might be worth checking your spam can!

Have you tried the phone? Sorry - I must learn to read ALL of a post!

Good luck - it should be worthwhile persisting!

Richard

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Tom F

I'm having some problems with Trains on Time.

I can't seem to order anything from them, it will only let me reserve an item. I notice they are selling alot of things off reduced, but nothing you can order to be shipped to you.

Tried ringing several times in the last half an hour, but no answer.

Guest Tom F

Are they not on there annual spring break just now?

Regards,

Mark

Maybe so, but It would really help if they stated this on their website.

Maybe so, but It would really help if they stated this on their website.

Hi, Tom!

In defence of ToT (as a very satisfied customer), they did just that - before and during their closure (which started just before Easter), they had a red headline across their website stating the dates of the closure.

Perhaps they are now getting back into things and working through the backlog in date and time order, which could lead to some delays in replying to the most recently received ones?

Hope you make two-way contact with them soon!

Richard

I like TOT and the specials they do but my last purchase didnt go as smoothly as previous encounters.

I ordered a Class 37 bodyshell renamed, renumbered and fitted with etched BR logos and depot plaques. I didnt get the shell for nearly 8 weeks although Daniel tried to placate me every time I rang him up. I still to this day dont know what happened - my guess is the guy that does all their renumbering work was ill or in hospital or something like that. All TOT had to do was check it, pack it then post it. A mystery.

It hasnt put me off them but i thought i should post this experience to balance the earlier comments up a bit.

The workmanship BTW is superb. No wonky nameplates or numbers etc.

Guest Tom F

Hi, Tom!

In defence of ToT (as a very satisfied customer), they did just that - before and during their closure (which started just before Easter), they had a red headline across their website stating the dates of the closure.

Perhaps they are now getting back into things and working through the backlog in date and time order, which could lead to some delays in replying to the most recently received ones?

Hope you make two-way contact with them soon!

Richard

Thanks Richard

That might explain it. I've always been very happy with them, it was just the fact I couldn't get past the postage details page as it said they could only reserve an item they have in stock, and the site wouldn't let me pay for an item either.

Cheers

Tom

Guest Tom F

I tried ringing today around 2pm still no answer. Anyhow I've sent an email regarding items only being reserved in shop and not giving the option to post or pay.

My name is Daniel Collinge and I am the owner of the Trainsontime shop in Paisley, I have read with interest the comments made regarding the service received by customers from my small team over the last few years. I started Trainsontime about 5 years ago and was lucky enough to get a career break from my employer for 4 years to establish the business. In June 2011 my 4 years were up and I was asked if I wanted to return to my full time job, It was not a decision I wanted to make but as I have a wife and young family to support I decided to return to work. Over the last 10 months I have tried to work the shifts in my job and on my days off have worked in the shop in Paisley, it has been a difficult time working every day of the week with no days off and I now feel that it is not fair on my customers turning up at the shop only to find we are closed or the orders placed on our website or Ebay site are taking longer to arrive than what our customers have expected over the years, it is also not fair on my wife and two young daughters who never see there father as he is always at work.

I have made the decision to close the Trainsontime shop in Paisley and also the website and eBay site. As from the 1st May 2012 we will no longer be trading, my email address at trainsontime1@googlemail.com will remain active and I am happy to honour all warranties and gift vouchers over the coming months.

I plan to keep all our stock and website for a rainy day though if somebody does wish to make me an offer for the business please feel free to drop me an email. 

I would like to thank all our customers & suppliers over the years for there help and support and I have had a great experience running the Trainsontime shop.

Thank you for the notification Daniel,

I appreciate it will have been difficult for you and the family in juggling everything and I wish you well. You've always had an excellent reputation for customer service and this is evidenced by your comments above about honouring commitments.

Archived