Hill Street: 1980s West Midlands.

glasmonkey

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your layout glasmonkey - it's fantastic, right up my (Hill) street!

Love the colours, weathering and the building construction - really captures the atmosphere of the era and area, great stuff.

Keep the photos coming!

Chris

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Chris64B said:

Thanks for sharing your layout glasmonkey - it's fantastic, right up my (Hill) street!

Love the colours, weathering and the building construction - really captures the atmosphere of the era and area, great stuff.

Keep the photos coming!

Chris

Absolutely, I'm convinced that's the back of New Street Odeon, very recognisable.

Would love to see more pictures please.

• RMweb Gold
On 26/09/2023 at 18:24, glasmonkey said:

a small slice

Hi. The 3rd picture in your post of the 26th gives a good view of the layout but when you say slice, how large an area are we talking about?  I think I am over estimating if I said 12 ft by 2ft?

I ask as this is one of those layouts giving ideas for the future and bad ideas for making me think could I start now.

• RMweb Premium

Hi and thank you for the kind words.

The layout is 10' x 2' and yes that building is based on the Odeon Cinema at Birmingham New Street.

Here are another couple of photos - it's all gone very blue at Hill street - you can almost taste the diesel!

Regards Rob

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1