British N Gauge Railway Modelling (issue No.4)

grahame

• RMweb Gold
On 25/04/2023 at 07:50, grahame said:

Issue #3 has continued to sell slowly but steadily. Issue #2 now has very few left and issue #1 sold out some time ago. But #2 and #3 are still available on eBay.

Consequently I'm in a position to consider a fourth issue, possibly for release towards the end of this year. I do already have some articles and content ideas for a new issue. Would that be of interest?

Hi Grahame,

I'll certainly be buying your next issue once it appears (2 copies please!)

Having been using the previous issues as display material on the NGS - Forth & Clyde area Group stand at exhibitions they are always a point of interest with visitors. So much so that I've had a couple of my copies removed from the stand!

So - that's a big 'Yes - More issues please' from me.

Thanks

Phil H

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Issue #4, should it go ahead, probably won't be ready and available until nearer the end of the year. 

In the meantime I'll be at the DEMU ShowCase exhibition in Sutton Coldfield on 17th and 18th June hopefully demonstrating N gauge kit assembly (mainly NGS wagon kits).

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, grahame said:

Issue #4, should it go ahead, probably won't be ready and available until nearer the end of the year. 

In the meantime I'll be at the DEMU ShowCase exhibition in Sutton Coldfield on 17th and 18th June hopefully demonstrating N gauge kit assembly (mainly NGS wagon kits).

I’ll be there helping Duncan with Shirebrook - the only N Gauge there, apparently. I’ll call over and say hi.

• 2 months later...

A quick update:

Following sales at DEMU ShowCase there are just two sets of issues #2 and #3 left (available on eBay). When they are gone issue #2 will be sold out like issue #1. However, there are still plenty of issue #3 available.

I've made a tentative start on the final issue (#4). But I'd really like to see more sales of issue #3 before ramping up and committing to production.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I managed to get a number of issue #3 sold at TINGS thanks to Howard who hosted it on his 'N Gauge Now' stand.

Consequently I've made some good progress on issue #4 and spent most of the weekend working on it (to the detriment of doing anything on my layout). I'll get back to the layout now and look to finish off the mag (issue #4) later, but I'm now more confident of getting it finished, printed and out before the end of the year (should anyone be interested).

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great news, well, for some perhaps, is that I'm closing in on completing issue #4. Just a couple of articles to finish off and they're well underway. With luck I should be able to get it to the printers by the end of October and have it available some time in November (assuming nothing goes horribly wrong).

G.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Grahame.

Thats great to here/

Once again had the other issues on the NGS area group strand at Dundee.

Still lots of interest and requests about how to get copies.

Information passed on - so hopefully will generate more sales once the new issue arrives!

Phil H

Edited by Scottish Modeller

• grahame changed the title to British N Gauge Railway Modelling (issue No.4)

The good news is that issue #4 is back from the printers, but the bad news is that I've had to order new stocks of the packaging envelopes. When everything is in place I'll post up details with a cover pic and link to the relevant page on eBay.

However, please note that I'll be listing it in small batches so that I, and the tiny village post office/newsagents, are not overwhelmed. A new batch will be listed after the previous batch has been packed and posted - but don't panic; there's sufficient to go around.

Edited by grahame
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, grahame said:

The good news is that issue #4 is back from the printers, but the bad news is that I've had to order new stocks of the packaging envelopes. When everything is in place I'll post up details with a cover pic and link to the relevant page on eBay.

However, please note that I'll be listing it in small batches so that I, and the tiny village post office/newsagents, are not overwhelmed. A new batch will be listed after the previous batch has been packed and posted - but don't panic; there's sufficient to go around.

Hi Grahame,

Already found on eBay and 2 copies ordered.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126168711704?hash=item1d603dc218:g:qAUAAOSwhu5lRQ6t

Will be displayed on NGS Forth & Clyde stands at future exhibitions.

Thanks

Phil H

Thanks

Edited by Scottish Modeller

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, grahame said:

Why not get your post person to pick them up if you don't want to overwhelm the post office. 

11 minutes ago, Kris said:

Why not get your post person to pick them up if you don't want to overwhelm the post office. 

That would be nice, but the post office still has to type all the post codes in to their system to generate the post charge label and a proof of posting receipt for me. And I've still got to pack and address them all.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, grahame said:

That would be nice, but the post office still has to type all the post codes in to their system to generate the post charge label and a proof of posting receipt for me. And I've still got to pack and address them all.

You could speed it up for the post office by purchasing the postage on line. When you print it out it comes with the proof of postage certificate. Take this and the post to the post office the scan the barcode then just need to stamp the proof of postage certificate. 

8 minutes ago, Kris said:

You could speed it up for the post office by purchasing the postage on line. When you print it out it comes with the proof of postage certificate. Take this and the post to the post office the scan the barcode then just need to stamp the proof of postage certificate. 

Yep, that would be nice, but it's tricky to print things without a printer. And I'd still have to queue up to get them scanned and the proofs stamped.

• Like 1

The packaging envelopes, which I ran out of at the weekend, have finally arrived - I did order them last week. That means I'm now able to list issue four of the new magazine on ebay as well as a listing for issues 3 and 4.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grahame said:

The packaging envelopes, which I ran out of at the weekend, have finally arrived - I did order them last week. That means I'm now able to list issue four of the new magazine on ebay as well as a listing for issues 3 and 4.

Ordered! 😇

• RMweb Premium

My order should now finally be with you Grahame at the 4th attempt as I've found out that my old tablet can no longer cope with the Ebay system and also as I use my wife's account I can no longer order without her receiving the passcode to her phone .... oh well, that will save me some money in the future ! LoL.

No rush to post, I'll just be happy to receive it as and when.

Many thanks for your efforts in producing these magazines, I for one count them as a 'quality' product to be kept as an inspiration to try and improve my modelling abillities and techniques for when I finally get my (err) a##e back in forward gear !

Kind regards,

Ian.

• Like 1