The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Father’s Day 2021

Markwj

• RMweb Gold

Happy Father’s Day to everyone hopefully you all get spoiled. Unfortunately my dad isn’t here anymore but it’s his fault I am into this wonderful hobby (and also my brothers are due to the same influence).

Will find out later if my son remembered 18 yr old and too caught up with his girlfriend and work I reckon but if he has forgot I will forgive him (eventually)!
Mark

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

4 generations celebrating  father/grandfather/great-grandfather today, and I too have my dad to thank for interest in this hobby. He got sent some needle files and a pin vice & drills set.

I'm hoping to get a KMRC Road van ( or at least the equivalent in cold, hard cash) and a book on the Withered Arm.

• Like 3

My eldest was 17 yesterday and presented me with tickets for the both of us to go to the British GP today. Still stunned. Got a book on Broad Gauge locos from youngest. So have done really well.

Again my Dad got me into Steam. Being in Didcot it's difficult not to. I was 6 months old when he first took me to the railway centre. Got him the new combined Harold Gasson book and then had to go a pick him up from out the flower bed. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Markwj said:

Happy Father’s Day to everyone hopefully you all get spoiled. Unfortunately my dad isn’t here anymore but it’s his fault I am into this wonderful hobby (and also my brothers are due to the same influence).

Will find out later if my son remembered 18 yr old and too caught up with his girlfriend and work I reckon but if he has forgot I will forgive him (eventually)!
Mark

Thanks, sadly like you neither my wife nor I can celebrate with our fathers as they both passed during the 1970s. Best wishes to all fathers out there.

Edited by john new
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I thought that I would treat myself to a Fathers Day pressie as it is also Amazon Prime day.  Being new to model railways I thought this might be a good opportunity to find a bargain train in the sale; unfortunately not.   Daughter sent a nice card though, so I am still having a good Father Day.

Mike

Edited by Royal42
  • Like 2

My children have given me a suitable card, with the following caption.

After a tense 18 hour operation, surgeons managed to remove a fiver from Dad's wallet.

A whole fiver? If had known they were going to remove that much, I'd have put up more of a struggle!

• Funny 1