The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Le Tour 2021

EddieB

Spoiler alert!

He's only gone and equalled the record for stage wins.

Once again Michael Mørkøv proves he's the best lead out man.

Are we seeing the emergence this year's SPOTY? 

(Probably not, as it's regarded as an "Alan Weekes" sport by the BBC, Cav might not even make the short list).

4 hours ago, zarniwhoop said:

Best wishes to Cav for Paris!

Agree with that!  Fantastic achievement already, I'd love to see him break the record and win the stage. I watched the interview after he equalled the record and using his own words he was "dead" , he had given everything! I love that about cycling, you can see the effort involved and there's no hiding place, Le Tour must be brutal to race in. I hope he's recovered enough to challenge. 

Edited by sb67
  • Like 3

It was close! 
Everyone acting like it’s a foregone conclusion, and then the result shows how unpredictable sprints can be. In a way, that unpredictability only highlights the magnitude of Cav’s achievement (dare I say so far?)

• Like 5

I suppose that he who hesitates is lost; and in cycling, a second's hesitation and the chance has gone. 

I'm sad for Cavendish because I know from his interviews that he would have loved to break the record; but in another way there is some karma in the two riders spanning several decades on equal stage wins.

• Like 4

That was so close! Bitterly disappointed  for Cav but you have to give him credit for equaling the record and winning the green jersey to boot. Well done to to Wout Van Aert, winning the time trial the day before then the final stage was a great achievement. I really enjoyed this years tour.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4