Rail Express ltd edition models

birdseyecircus

Good Evening,

Instead of going outside and doing something useful with my layout, have decided to add my thoughts here instead......

I'm not personally reading this announcement as a 'newly tooled model' release as it is not clear either way, a re-livery would be a sensibly low cost option for the REX team.

However, that said, if the REX team have measured the feeling of disappointment correctly in the marketplace, regarding the lack of newly tooled Class 71, 73, 59, 67 etc, then maybe they are getting in where they see an opportunity and feel, as I do, that the major players have missed a trick here.

I would say it's unfair to complain about the new items coming from the big players, as we have some great offerings coming our way, however, there are still some glaring ommissions in the modern image releases, I hope that the guys and girls at REX are gonna be taking these into account, either way, I wish them all the best.....

Dave

Battersea Stewarts Lane, London

Surely, the limited editions will be Virgil Tracey (57302) and Parker (57311), because on stamp is thunderbird 2 and there is a parker pen pointing to the envelope on the Rail Express advert. Rail exclusive have always liked twin packs.

Or it could be a deltic because of the Finsbury Park depot sticker and it is the 50th anniversary of their intorduction.

Hi beast66606,

I was thinking about the 67 as a potential Thunderbird earlier too. Something in my memory reminded me - didn't Hornby pull the DB Schenker 67 from the 2011 range? Not sure why, for certain...

Perhaps N-gauge is in the offing? :lol: :)

Cheers,

Ixion.

With all these cryptic clues it's like watching an episode of 3-2-1!!! Dusty Bin anyone? :D

Personally I would love to see a pair of the new split headcode Baccy Class 37s as used on the Lackenby-Corby Tubeliners of the mid 80s. British Steel Teesside, Corby, Workington etc.

As an aside, the use of the address of Sutton and the postage stamp of Dorset and SW Hants - did/does the South West Main Line go through these places? What would we have seen on this route?

Philip Sutton works for Rail Exclusives.

I love puzzles but am still none the wiser.

Chris

Hi all,

I think it has to be said that this is has become a great little bit of a tease from Rail Exclusives! It's good to have a little fun now and again and it's interesting to see how many different thoughts people have come up with. I know we're a relatively small group of people on here (be honest ;) ), all with different ideas and hopes. I guess we may (or may even not) find out on the 21st... unless that's a tease too :blink:

My last thought is D9016 in Porterbrook purple - various reasons... I'll leave you to guess them all (some very cryptic)!! B)

Whatever, I hope it's another great model and seller and I am sure we all wish the team at Rail Exclusives good luck with it (assuming there is one) :D

Cheers,

Ixion.

How about 47832 that usually seems to be Welded to the GEML as a TB these days. D9016 in purple Ronnie livery would be good :) would hopefully save some pennies redoing, and repainting a Baccy Deltic, speaking of Deltics, how about a Model of 55022 in current "1981" condition? seeing as its the old girls birthday ...

NL

Hi,

The address is that of a certain Mr Hancock of "Hancock's Half Hour" fame. though that will likely only makes sense to those of a certain age.

An NSE 2EPB possibly.... ?

Stu

Or A Network Rail EPB, but the letter says All Diesel Era modellers

James

How about 47832 that usually seems to be Welded to the GEML as a TB these days. D9016 in purple Ronnie livery would be good :) would hopefully save some pennies redoing, and repainting a Baccy Deltic, speaking of Deltics, how about a Model of 55022 in current "1981" condition? seeing as its the old girls birthday ...

NL

Bachmann have already done in 55022 in 1981 condition for Martin Walker (owner of RSG) shortly after he purchased the loco. Unfortunately though it is now sold out.

Bruce

Hi all,

OK, I guess that caught us all out!! I've said it before and I'll say it again - "Things that make you go hmmm..."!!

Glad they are bringing out the DRS Intermodel 33/0s - I really like that livery and wondered why it was never done before. I like the dutch and construction sector choices too.

Now should be the time for all those people who complained about the original Heljan version to put their money where their mouth is and opt for a set (...or two, or three...).

I expect there may be some splitting of sets by individuals owing to the higher price. Please bare in mind the cost of retooling is not cheap, hence the higher than may be expected price. Hats off to Rail Exclusive too for allowing special payment plans to be arranged.

Got some decisions to make now... :D

Cheers,

Ixion.

Archived