Dapol GWR 45xx 2-6-2T Prairie (N Gauge)

Stefen1988

Not with the original chassis no, they did a final run of them and other non dcc models a few years back and that was to be it.

They are currently redoing the M7 and I guess if successful it may lead to more re-developments of their earlier models, the 14xx, the Prairies and the Ivatts.

I do wonder if Sonic may look at the Prairie in N unless Farish come in with one as they do them in 00 but have shown no sign so far.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Not with the original chassis no, they did a final run of them and other non dcc models a few years back and that was to be it.

They are currently redoing the M7 and I guess if successful it may lead to more re-developments of their earlier models, the 14xx, the Prairies and the Ivatts.

I do wonder if Sonic may look at the Prairie in N unless Farish come in with one as they do them in 00 but have shown no sign so far.

I don't see Sonic, or any other manufacture (other than Dapol) coming in a making a new 45xx. It is too easy for Dapol to put new 45xx models on the market to risk this. I imagine that one day Farish may look at the 61xx again, but this could be a very long time in coming. 

5 hours ago, Kris said:

I don't see Sonic, or any other manufacture (other than Dapol) coming in a making a new 45xx. It is too easy for Dapol to put new 45xx models on the market to risk this. I imagine that one day Farish may look at the 61xx again, but this could be a very long time in coming. 

Not so sure Dapol can just 'turn it on', the M7 seems to be a protracted development, the 59 was in abeyance until just around the time RevolutioN announced theirs and the West Country is at least 2 years away.  If Sonic or Farish announced one I would guess it would be at the tooled and ready to role stage and too late for Dapol.  Farish do have one in their range so should be on their list (but no guarantee whatsoever one will be produced), the 61xx is in the Dapol range in 00 now and a good choice probably to shrink down before attempting another 45xx

• RMweb Gold

Farish once said they wouldn't make a 45xx in N — but they said the same about the "Midland Pullman"…

A large Prairie is one of the few widespread GWR types not modelled in N to current standards; the Mogul is another. Both done in OO by Dapol…