Subscription edition No 293 November, Model Rail.

johnd

On the  24/10/21 I received an email from the subscription dept of Model Rail saying that they were having problems with the subscription edition No 292 and that we wouldn't receive in the normal time scale but would receive it by 30/10/2021.

First question did any body else receive the said email and secondly has anybody received  the actual magazine in the  post?

Having not received my copy by today 1/11/2021 I took the liberty of telephoning the relevant dept at the magazine and was told to wait till Thursday to see if it arrives! From previous experience I doubt if it will as historically if its not arrived it never does and in the mean time I have paid for something I may not well receive. 

Not happy with Model Rail subscription dept to say the least.

• Friendly/supportive 1

They've told you by email of a delay, and contacting the office they have suggested you give it a few days more - I think they are not ignoring you and that the magazine will arrive either by Thursday or soon after if you have to contact them again, I don't think you have a lot to worry about.

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

They've told you by email of a delay, and contacting the office they have suggested you give it a few days more - I think they are not ignoring you and that the magazine will arrive either by Thursday or soon after if you have to contact them again, I don't think you have a lot to worry about.

Maybe so but they dont have a good track record if its not delivered  as stated !

1 hour ago, johnd said:

Maybe so but they dont have a good track record if its not delivered  as stated !

2 hours ago, johnd said:

On the  24/10/21 I received an email from the subscription dept of Model Rail saying that they were having problems with the subscription edition No 292 and that we wouldn't receive in the normal time scale but would receive it by 30/10/2021.

First question did any body else receive the said email and secondly has anybody received  the actual magazine in the  post?

Having not received my copy by today 1/11/2021 I took the liberty of telephoning the relevant dept at the magazine and was told to wait till Thursday to see if it arrives! From previous experience I doubt if it will as historically if its not arrived it never does and in the mean time I have paid for something I may not well receive. 

Not happy with Model Rail subscription dept to say the least.

Let me know by PM (rather than via a competitors public forum) if you don't receive it. There are postal issues in many areas at present which are beyond the control of the subscriptions company. I may be able to get one sent from our office copies ( which hadn't arrived the last time I checked). I have already used my personal copy to replace a subscriber's copy which arrived damaged. (CJL)

• Friendly/supportive 6