Bleddfa Road

sparky

3 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Any recent pics please? I get a lot of my inspiration from this - or at least I did. rather a lot of sitting on the sofa recently!

Geoff posts to Western Thunder these days. To quote him: "I'm only over here these days, t'other place got too big and the loss of some of my content due to the meltdown was the last straw."

Dave

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, daifly said:

"I'm only over here these days, t'other place got too big and the loss of some of my content due to the meltdown was the last straw".

I'm getting deja vu so this must be one of many things I once knew but had forgotten!

• Like 2

I joined Western Thunder but the only two posts I made were removed by the moderators for trivial reasons  so I gave up on them and I have moved mostly to the 7mm Scale Society. They are much more welcoming.

Paul

Edited by pwr
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The are various factors about placing wagons for loading and unloading ;

some loads need particular facilities such as a crane, cattle dock or end dock

loads that need protection from the whether need the goods shed often these are in vans

some loads are unloaded over a few days from the wagon  such as coal and these needs to be placed so they dont block in others.

So the wagons are placed as near to where they will be unloaded.  if the coal siding is shared with other uses the coal wagons tend to be at the end. Engines were generally not permitted to enter covered goods sheds so that factored in their placement.

Where say there were several wagons to be loaded or unloaded by crane it might be necessary to move some along as the were loaded/unloaded this could be done with a pinch bar or a shunting horse if available.

Don

• Informative/Useful 1

Sorry Donw, I have a fairly good understanding of where stock would be set out but I’m wondering more how sparky runs their sessions. 
how many wagons are on the layout at the beginning of a session, how many on the incoming and outgoing trains, how does the train pull into the station and beginnings its shunting