Osborns Models

Sprinter150

Good morning 

I wouldn’t usually post publicly about something like this, but it’s my last resort.

I placed an order with Osborns models on the 23rd November, for some reason the payment came out twice, but only one order confirmation, so I know I didn’t order two by mistake.

I emailed them to query this and they replied on the 28th Nov saying they’ll look into it.

We’re now on 15th Dec, have emailed since but heard nothing back. At this point I’m not even bothered about the money, I’d just like to receive the model, I bought, even in the unlikely event I get two of them!

Anyone else with dealings with Osborns, they seem like a really reputable company, as I’ve ordered before. But they just seem to have ignored this one.

10 minutes ago, Sprinter150 said:

I wouldn’t usually post publicly about something like this, but it’s my last resort.

No it's not. All the normal commercial rules apply - a trip to Trading Standards would be your last resort.

However, as @Trains4U says. E-mail is not 100% reliable - have you phoned them?

• Agree 1

They said email is their main method of communication, as they don’t always answer the phone.

I have phoned, emailed several times, apart from the reply a few weeks ago saying, “we’re just checking on your order” I’ve heard nothing.

The money it’s neither here nor there, I’d just appreciate honesty, the order has been lost, not been processed or they are taking an extremely long time with deliveries at the moment. Just some info would be great.

Edited by Sprinter150

• RMweb Premium

Some folks have had problems with this seller in the past, see this thread for example:--

Worth searching 'Osborn' and 'Osbourn' as there can be relevant info in threads with names etc. spelt wrongly.

1 hour ago, Sprinter150 said:

They said email is their main method of communication, as they don’t always answer the phone.

I have phoned, emailed several times, apart from the reply a few weeks ago saying, “we’re just checking on your order” I’ve heard nothing.

I'm assuming you didn't get an answer when you rang them then.

If you paid by card, I'd suggest talking to either your bank or credit card company now. If you have paid twice for something and only ordered once, one of those payments is unauthorised, and banks take this sort of thing seriously.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Sprinter150 said:

Up to their old trick again I see.

This happened to me several years ago and living a short train / bus ride away I took a trip to the shop and confronted both the owner and his son personally about my payment return.

It was done as a lot resort and not my normal approach but it shouldn't have to be this way.

I wish you luck.