Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Building another O gauge micro layout and weathering stock

Nick G

Nick, if you go on Flickr and type 'End of Speedlink' there is a pic by Gordon Edgar of dozens of the vans lined up at TJ Thompsons awaiting scrapping.

(A direct link to the picture is disabled.)

Whilst none have painted out logos there are a few variants in orange band height.

It's quite an impressive if sad picture.

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Nick, been following your progress for a while and enjoying the layout build and stock weathering. 

I think the bigger loco's look quite at home too, that class 37 is a beast.

Cheers Peter 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Nick, been following your progress for a while and enjoying the layout build and stock weathering. 

I think the bigger loco's look quite at home too, that class 37 is a beast.

Cheers Peter 

Thanks Peter, 37425 in Large Logo is mine the others were fellow exhibitors and visitors at the MIOG show bringing locos to pose on the layout. I did vow not to have any mainline locos on the layout but since I had the 37 running I have changed my mind. I am now on the lookout for a Class 20 and possibly a 31.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

Thanks Peter, 37425 in Large Logo is mine the others were fellow exhibitors and visitors at the MIOG show bringing locos to pose on the layout. I did vow not to have any mainline locos on the layout but since I had the 37 running I have changed my mind. I am now on the lookout for a Class 20 and possibly a 31.

You’ve done well to last this long without any mainline engines. 

The 31 is a lovely model and I think 20s are back on the cards from Heljan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sf315 said:

You’ve done well to last this long without any mainline engines. 

The 31 is a lovely model and I think 20s are back on the cards from Heljan. 

I have a couple of 25's, one is weathered and sound fitted the other brand new never used still in the box which I will probably sell. Some retailers are selling 31's for about £325 so I am tempted. As you say Heljan are doing another run of the 20's due at the end of the year I was told by Heljan.

25200-1-7-22.jpg

Edited by Nick G
Spelling
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, Nick G said:

No worries Nick, I noticed the class 31s going at a cheaper price, Plenty of livery choice. As with most of the Heljan 7mm the class 20s have their faults but I like my mine they come up well with a bit of weathering though an absolute to get the body off and back on again.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Another shot of my 37425 in 2007 condition for my next O gauge Micro. Looking at photos of the prototype (again) I noticed one of the air horns at number 1 end is in red oxide primer so a job for the weekend. Thinking of doing a 31 in trainload coal livery next, one of my favourite loco/livery combinations.

If you have Twitter you can follow me here:  @gurneynickg

37425-15-4-23.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Another wagon completed for my early 80's roster, Accurascale HUO renumbered to B338051 and weathered.

If you have Twitter you can follow me here:  @gurneynickg

HUO-338051.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Nick G said:

Another wagon completed for my early 80's roster, Accurascale HUO renumbered to B338051 and weathered.

HUO-338051.jpg

Nicely done as usual. I'm not entirely convinced by their buffers though. They almost look like gauge 1!

• Agree 1

Another wagon almost complete for my next micro layout based in the early 2000's. Heljan Loadhaul Dogfish DB993111 weathered and fixed a couple of errors on the wagon. The handrail stanchions are white not orange as Heljan had it and it had DOGFISH decals above the data panel. Heljan also released it with black cloping ends on the hopper which should be orange.

If you have Twitter you can follow me here:  https://twitter.com/gurneynickg

IMG_2572.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 9