OO Gauge GWR Toplight Mainline & City Coaches announced

Free At Last

1 hour ago, willjam39 said:

Was there an ETA on these coaches? :) Need to make sure the funds are available when they arrive. 

If you go back to the first post, there is a link to the Dapol original announcement, it is still live and is best to look there as they are producing 6 liveries and these were due to be manufactured in two batches, 3 months apart, so you need to check for your particular version. Mine, the BR crimson is in batch 1, which was estimated to be in production now.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

Thanks Robin, I’ll repaint them then!

Might be altered for the production versions Neal - I did tip off Dapol's  boss man when I was looking at these two vehicles at the Kernow anniversary event.  And don't forget that the body colour of the tail lamp. will differ depending on the overall livery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Might be altered for the production versions Neal - I did tip off Dapol's  boss man when I was looking at these two vehicles at the Kernow anniversary event.  And don't forget that the body colour of the tail lamp. will differ depending on the overall livery.

Thanks Mike, For my era it needs to be red though?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, rovex said:

Has there been any further news on the corridor coaches. We were promised an announcement later in the year!

I was going to ask that same question at the Warley show next Sunday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, rovex said:

Has there been any further news on the corridor coaches. We were promised an announcement later in the year!

Plus of course news on the mainline and city carriages 

28 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I was going to ask that same question at the Warley show next Sunday.

Thanks Robin, can you also ask for news on the M and C carriages - they were all due by the end of 2022….

Its a shame that Dapol don’t engage more on here. Even if it was an update and step away, that would be better than their silence.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

Its a shame that Dapol don’t engage more on here. Even if it was an update and step away, that would be better than their silence.

Some manufacturers interact with us really well.  The guys from Ireland as an example, as well as the offshoot company from that crazy Canadian !!!  However, I still remember some of the dingdongs on here from a certain chap from the Northwest of England who once worked for Dapol. 

I think it is all about the persons to be honest 

Edited by Covkid
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Not everybody likes RMWeb; my (very good) local model shop owners regard us as ‘rivet counters who will moan about anything no matter how good it actually is’.  You can please some of the people some of the time, and so on.  

The characters who run our RTR companies are just that, characters, humans with individual characteristics and (somtimes strongly held) opinions of each other and of our media.  It is easy, but simplistic, to think of them as faceless corporate businessmen who cannot see beyond their corporate policies and projects, but they’re not.  The tv coverage of Red Box v RoS about the Terriers a few years ago was illuminating; conducted in gentlemanly enough fashion but with seething undercurrents of red-in-toof’n’clore competitive zeal and proprietorial perceptions of who ‘owned’ the right to produce what when of course anyone can produce whatever they like, but at the risk of being undercut or gazumped by a competitor.  The risk is why we allow these people to make profits out of our hobby spending choices, but it does not bring out the best in the competitors’ good natures. All fundamentally down to personality clashes, and an inevitable part of the rich tapestry of human existence, model railway department. 

Dapol gave a particularly ‘interesting’ history involving some ‘colourful’ characters, including their involvement  with the aforementioned gentleman from the top left hand corner of England, who may have been a bit dodgy(!), but whose passion and temper, as expressed here, were undoubted!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, rovex said:

Any update on these at Warley?

Yes, the should be here in March and the corridor versions are the steel plated versions. These are still at the drawing stage but are still going to come and in the same liveries. A very positive chat was had with Richard about these.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

52 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Yes, the should be here in March and the corridor versions are the steel plated versions. These are still at the drawing stage but are still going to come and in the same liveries. A very positive chat was had with Richard about these.

I apologise to Richard for interrupting his lunch but wanted to ask about timescales for the corridor Toplights . As they are in design at the moment, I gather it will be about a year . Worth waiting for , though  judging by the M and C samples on show .