60 year old film just developed. What year please?

highpeakman

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Pandora said:

Old 120 film 24.jpg

Has anyone thought of the name of the Station with  the  image of the Deltic?

It is not Doncaster, 

The headcode is 1E14, trains to London were indicated by had A within the headcode,  E (Eastern Region?) , therefore I think this is a down train

Some  weak guesses,  Peterborough  Retford  York?

Were trains from the NE or ScR regions to London/ER destinations given an E destination? For the NE region the region identifier was N, so would a London-Newcastle train have a 1Nxx code? Would a London Edinburgh would have a 1Sxx code?

So could 1E14 in the photo be an Up train (i.e. southbound) from the NE or Sc regions to the Eastern region?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Pandora said:

It is not Doncaster, 

The headcode is 1E14, trains to London were indicated by had A within the headcode,  E (Eastern Region?) , therefore I think this is a down train. Some  weak guesses,  Peterborough  Retford  York?

I'd say the north end of Grantham.

The Nim.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Pandora said:

Train reporting headcodes, the images show the display format number/letter/numbers.   In the  early days of the WCML electric era,  some images have the headcodes on the electric locos as  letter/number/number/number.

When did the headcode format change?

Some photos of early LM 25kv electric locos showed the blinds in what became the wrong order for a 4 character headcode not that I can remember actually seeing any like that (I travelled from Crewe to Stoockport, change for Stalybridge with my parents a few weeks before public electric running commenced but, very excitingly, saw plenty of electric locos).  Have a look at this video

The Wr introduced the four charcter headcode system in 1960 and the other Regions (except the Southern)  officially followed a year or so later.  The Alpha digit first system would have matched train numbering used on parts of the LMR prior to introduction of the four character system.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Pandora said:

Old 120 film 24.jpg

It is not Doncaster, 

The headcode is 1E14, trains to London were indicated by had A within the headcode,  E (Eastern Region?) , therefore I think this is a down train

Some  weak guesses,  Peterborough  Retford  York?

Prior to June 1964, 1E14 was 11:00 Glasgow Queen St. - King's Cross, "The Queen of Scots Pullman". ... (16:30 ex Leeds) Monday - Saturday, and diagrammed for a Deltic. On Sundays 1E14 was 15:23 Harrogate - King's Cross (15:25 ex Brad... ...16:02 ex Leeds) "The Harrogate Sunday Pullman", and also diagrammed for a Deltic.

I think that might well be a Met-Cam pullman behind the loco.

Edited by stovepipe
additional