'Arley' - (Rebuilding 'John's layout')

BobM

• 3 months later...

Hi All, 

Just to say that the layout remains safe,  personal health matters centred around my earlier heart attack, recovery issues and more recently a Covid infection has complicated matters and ‘stalled’ the rebuilding plans somewhat for a bit, however still here and hopefully things can progressing again in the not too distant future.

Regards to all

Bob

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

Thanks guys,

Yes I am finding Covid difficult to shift, keeps making me so tired quickly, seeks out your vulnerabilities!

LFT are returning extremely faint T lines almost non existent but just feels like a residual head cold now after the main symptoms have abated and a nose like  I’ve been ‘snorting’ sherbet!

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Friendly/supportive 7

My wife has had covid once. I caught it from her the first time. She caught it from the school where she works as a TA. She has just had a cold and it's knocked her for six. She is usually bullet proof when it comes to ailments, but had to admit defeat last week and had 3 days off. 

I'm still struggling with my asthma 2 months after the second bout of Covid. It's not to be taken lightly and the aftermath is felt for some time after. 3 flights of stairs at work and I'm out of breath. 

• Friendly/supportive 5

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all,

A message to say that as before, the layout remains safe and secure, although restoration work has halted upon it, due to continued personal health concerns and funding, however volunteer colleagues at the Station have offered to store this at a location closer to Arley, where its eventual display home is intended to be.

Will let you know further information as and when the situation develops.

In the meantime, stay safe all.

Regards always

Bob

• Friendly/supportive 10

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Sorry for the radio silence and ‘static ‘ concerning this project, things have been ‘difficult’.

Save to say this layout had been transferred into the custodianship of fellow SVR colleagues for evaluation and hopefully rebuild and future long term restoration?

Will keep you posted as I receive an update on it’s progress.

Regards

Bob

• Friendly/supportive 6