Hornby Sir Keith Park 34053 Modified Pacific.

• RMweb Premium

Am I imagining this or was this batch of Loco's where many seemed to run like 3 legged dogs? I seem to remember discussion about it years ago?

I ask as I have just been attempting to get my lump, that I acquired pre owned some time ago, to not run like that and it refuses to, despite long time running on the Rolling Road on DC .  It is absolute carp with a Decoder and the only Pacific I have where the Bogie derails at a particular point.  I have decided it is a 'rogue'. Is it me or is  that reputation correct? If so has anyone succeeded in curing the dreadful performance and if so, how?

Thanks

Phil

• RMweb Premium

I bought a Hornby Sir Keith Park in March 2012 as I am a member of Southern Locomotives Ltd.    Model was a poor runner, big disappointment so it was rarely taken out of its box and I resold it on eBay in November 2014.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 08/05/2022 at 13:28, Ian Hargrave said:

Gears…..the eternal problem with this and other Hornby models. Are replacement parts still available ? Might be a good idea to find out.

Yup, I'll get a round tuit at some time. I have cured another lame Bulleid a few years back. Tahnks (bit late).

P