RMweb

Princess Coronations--colour of cab doors

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

I'd be grateful if anyone can confirm whether cab doors were painted body colour in BR days (green or maroon in my case) or whether they were black, as supplied with my Farish 'City of London.  My green 'City of Birmingham' currently has blue(!) doors which obviously aren't correct.

TIA

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Different livery though. That's LMS. The question was BR.

46233 Duchess Of Sutherland with green doors.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ingythewingy/7786967272/in/pool-nw_england_transport

Jason

I know - it was a bit cheeky...however to be serious....I have a number of saved articles on said locos which show both black and body colour in BR days

Chris

Edited by Gilbert

• RMweb Premium

Thanks guys, I'm totally confused now!

The May 1963 shot of 46235 is the one I'll base my decision on for my City of Birmingham--providing I've got some Brunswick Green paint; same goes for City of London's maroon (or was it crimson?)  otherwise they'll have to be black!

That's why you look for photos of the real things. They were hardly camera shy.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=46245+city+of+london&sxsrf=ALiCzsaJmMfTKirzefL4I0wectvy3gQa6g:1652713788200&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwik7YrSpuT3AhUSkFwKHS1IBPMQ_AUoAnoECAIQBA&biw=1366&bih=657&dpr=1

One thing to bear in mind the crews didn't always like the doors shut so in many photos you can't see the doors.

Are the black ones all definitely black or just not been cleaned for ages? Some look like the latter.

Jason