RMweb

LNWR in P4

• RMweb Gold

Lovely kit builds there.  Following along with interest. I am considering purchasing a LRM model of an NER tank, so your progress with these has been helpful as some idea how they go together.  I presume the rivet details all needs pushing out from a half-etched hole?

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I started this Jumbo years ago at Expo EM when Penlan was on show. For some reason I Just couldnt get it running that well..... So I had a spare set of etches for a jumbo so I made up a new chassis and it runs beautifully. Then I had a look at the body etches and.............. Well. ......... 

IMG_20221018_151017.jpg

Screenshot_20221019-131929.png

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 05/11/2022 at 11:53, Coal Tank said:

Also I am trying to motorise the tender of the Lady of the Lake. This is a trial and error thing to see if I can get the engine to pull bigger trains. 

I've posted these pics before but they might prove useful.

189.JPG.ee9119ac38e1d8833519f4b8a84d45fe.JPG

I used a Mashima with High level boxes on each end driving 2 axles. It had to be compact as it fits inside a GN tender which are not the largest. It has proved workable and will pull 6+ brass coaches.

I am re-fining further versions as the GN Singles are the proverbial nightmare to motor as with a small boiler there just isn't enough room for a motor and weight.

190.JPG.d37d342c7f1a994d3d0a2ccd8a8a5a34.JPG

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

2 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

I used a Mashima with High level boxes on each end driving 2 axles. It had to be compact as it fits inside a GN tender which are not the largest. It has proved workable and will pull 6+ brass coaches.

I am re-fining further versions as the GN Singles are the proverbial nightmare to motor as with a small boiler there just isn't enough room for a motor and weight.

Hi Chris, Thank you for that, the loco is powered aswell as the tender.i like the idea of the engine being powered and doing the work but the single wheeler Just need a bit of help. All a bit trial and error, I Will Just have to see how it goes. 

Edited by Coal Tank
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks fantastic, love the sweeping curve.  Really exciting - given that P4, do you have to build all the track?

it inspired me to spend the day finishing the lining out of the room above the double garage.  I’m really enjoying building stock but this has given me the motivation to start some serious woodwork 🙂

Edited by Citadel
  • Thanks 1

On 06/11/2022 at 13:56, chris p bacon said:

Looks to be a very interesting project

• Thanks 1