My latest Creation

Hi,

If you are like me and get fed up shaking the paint tins about, then try what I have put together it works very well, even if the paint has gone a bit lumpy. I have put some extra pics on my gallery if you want to see how it goes together, it took me all of about 1 hour to build and it sure is earning it's keep. I do not claim to be the inventor I am sure somebody has had the same idea before me, this is just something that works well for the small amount of time involved to make it.

ATB, Martyn.

post-7101-127723763983_thumb.jpg

post-7101-127723769098_thumb.jpg

Pleased to of been some help Anthony, it does save throwing some of those old half used tins away and also the paint mixes better when using it with an airbrush as well.

ATB, Martyn.

• RMweb Premium

I have to warn the members out that the Royal mail elastic band have a habit of breaking when you do not expect them as I work in royal mail as a postman (overworked :blink: :( ) and in the mornings when I sent the post in for deliver, on average I can expect at lest 3 to break and they do hurt when the do. But I did have a run off 7 :blink: one morning.

Terry :P

RedgateModels you could aways try it with a hammer drill or kango :P.

Hi Terry,

I do agree with the quality of your elastic bands, perhaps you could have a word with your bosses and order some stronger ones for the West Sussex area. :P Mind you my device is quite happy to run all day on the mark 3 setting. My 3 yr old son has now got in the habit of searching for them, and his record for one day is 8. ;).

ATB, Martyn.

I was told - by our postman , that the PO rubber bands were deliberately made so they would snap/break down quicker than normal ones - the theory being that if they were dropped by the postie - it wasnt classed as littering as they were biodegradable(sp?).

No idea if its true or not - but the paint mixing idea is genius!

tfn

Jon

• RMweb Premium

I was told - by our postman , that the PO rubber bands were deliberately made so they would snap/break down quicker than normal ones - the theory being that if they were dropped by the postie - it wasnt classed as littering as they were biodegradable(sp?).

No idea if its true or not - but the paint mixing idea is genius!

tfn

Jon

That is correct in what you said about the red bands they are in deed biodegradable in the right conditions, but it still hurts like hell when they brake on you.:lol: :blink:

Terry.

That is correct in what you said about the red bands they are in deed biodegradable in the right conditions, but it still hurts like hell when they brake on you.laugh.gif blink.gif

Terry.

The old brown ones were better.

OzzyO.

PS. you could add one or two ball bearings just to help it along. About 1/8" dia.

This is a very good idea, the only problem I can think of is the up and down action will mean that the paint coats the underside of the lid and the inside top of the tin, this will mean that over time it will make it more difficult to maintain an air tight seal when the lid is fitted.

The tried and tested method of a paddle in a mini drill may prove to be the best way.

But that is up to personal preference.

Pete

Hi,

I haven't really given it much thought as to time, just a good 5 seconds seems to get the paint nice and fluid. With the jig saw I use (which is an old Black & Decker) it has various speed settings and I use it on number 4 which seems comfortable, although I have had it flat out :O nothing untowards happened but probably would sooner rather than later. :blink:

ATB, Martyn.

Great now I get to use the rolling bars that have been in the drawer ever since I thought they would be a good idea.

Terry

Yes that's exactly what I used B).

ATB, Martyn.

Archived