1:76 Late ‘40 small van

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

I think that this maybe wasting everyone’s time but is there any small commercial delivery van suitable for the ‘40s?

Currently, the only choice seems to be Oxford’s truly delightful Austin7, there is the AA roadside assistance example awaiting its fate on the workbench but is there anything slightly less prosaic? 

Thanks for your time

StaySafe

Guest Jack Benson

Thanks

The lovely Morris Z from ‘40 onwards, unfortunately the Corgi model was not 1:76 despite the description.
The previously mentioned, little Austin 7, has oodles of character and just the sort of superannuated vehicle still to be found at work in the post-war West Country. 

A983F43D-DA8F-461A-8B4B-A106E52322B9.jpeg.e0682ebf32257e3c23bd691e87820955.jpeg

StaySafe

Guest Jack Benson

Hi guys,

I have both the already mentioned Austin 7 and a Classix Fordson E83W plus a Ford 7V flatbed featured a year or two ago.

The essential is 'small' to suit the feel of  the diorama of West Bay, the bottom line will mostly likely result in another Austin 7 van (they are quite irresitable) but re-lettered. I recall that the local hardware shop delivered Esso Blue paraffin dispensed from a barrel in the rear of an Austin 7 van, another '50s activity that is just a memory.

626DC2E4-2D13-46CD-A6FE-CC02AF49A94E.jpeg.5fb583fd1eab732dcfa5c75c10eea664.jpeg

Thanks guys

Edited by Jack Benson
Cuteness overload inbound

The Jowett Bradford van is by John Day Models (along with the Utility and the pickup versions) and the Ford "Pop" van was by Scalelink, if I remember correctly. Both very nice little kits suitable for the post-war period. Classix Fordson E83W behind.

jowett and pop.JPG

Edited by fodenway
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1