Signal Box between Standish and Coppull

LMS2968

I'm struggling to find the name of a signal box located between Standish Junction and Coppull Hall sidings on the West Coast route. It was on the Up side slightly north of Bradley Mills. It was there in 1950 (Britain from Above photos show it) but isn't mentioned in the Signalling Record Society diagrams of the area, suggesting that it was closed soon after that date.

Anyone got any information about it?686533716_Map3.JPG.034769f56febf84f7f8cf54286012b52.JPG

• RMweb Gold

I have a 1937 edition of the LMS Sectional Appendix, Western Division North of Crewe. A signal box called Broomfield & Worthigton Hall is listed and is shown as located 993 yards north of Standish Junction. Unfortunately it doesn`t show which side ot the line it is located.

Hope this is of some help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

24 minutes ago, nigb55009 said:

I have a 1937 edition of the LMS Sectional Appendix, Western Division North of Crewe. A signal box called Broomfield & Worthigton Hall is listed and is shown as located 993 yards north of Standish Junction. Unfortunately it doesn`t show which side ot the line it is located.

Hope this is of some help.

The mineral line heading west served two collieries, one of which was Broomfield Pit, so I think that's the answer.

Many thanks.

• Like 1