RMweb

AE Models DCC Decoders

meatloaf

36 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Looking at DCC Concepts page, these decoders are typically less than £20 each. That sum won't even buy you a decent meal out. Buy one and do your own tests?

Ive got 2 as i said in the OP. 

Both are fine and work ok out of the box in a Heljan 25 and a Bachmann 40.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Looking at DCC Concepts page, these decoders are typically less than £20 each. That sum won't even buy you a decent meal out. Buy one and do your own tests?

Oh Oldddudders don't you know that 'influencers' never pay for anything.  In fact, pethaps they'd throw in a free return flight to Beijing and we could revue the dating agency too. Oh no, the missus has just vetoed that plan - says I've got to stick with trains. 

Edited by jamesed
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Basic Zimo decoders are only around £20 or a little more. (When they are in stock!😄)

Need to tell those Austrians to pull their fingers out and start making more👍

A Small Digitrax is only around £20, as is a Lenz Standard Plus.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crosland said:

TCS went legal with DCC Concepts around 10 years ago but, as far as I know, little came of it.

Not quite right.  You won't (or shouldn't) find DCC Concepts decoders for sale in the US.  Cost TCS a shedload of money to achieve that legal outcome.

Edited by BromsMods
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 02/09/2022 at 20:39, Crosland said:

TCS went legal with DCC Concepts around 10 years ago but, as far as I know, little came of it.

This is from our team in China.

Re history of Lais Decoder, 

When the Lais Decoder came onto the market, we queried Mr Huang of AE & found out the owner of Lais was once employed by Mr Huang’s friend’s company, contracted to develop DCCCONCEPTS Decoder range. 

As the Lais decoder has the characteristics of our early version, it is believed that he took this early version software when he parted company. 

We do suspect that Lais did sell those as counterfeits of DCCconcepts/Hattons/Gaugemaster branding in the US. But we cannot prove it!!!

TCS blamed DCCconcepts for something that was not of DCCconcepts doing.

There are still proceedings in China regarding the copying of software, but as it is still ongoing, we cannot comment any further about that.

Best Regards,

The DCCconcepts Team

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• AY Mod locked this topic